chapter 17

"but, but how? no there's no way. it's impossible. I don't have a sister. I would remember if I had one." Elenor told her.

"it's because I erased your memories." Katie said as tears started to form in her eyes.

"What?" Elenor said in disbelief as tears also start to form in her eyes. Why would she do that?

"why would you do that?" Elenor asked.

"you were so sad about my father taking me away, you wouldn't stop hugging me. My father told me that he would have to take you too if you didn't stop hugging me, I didn't want you to suffer so I erased your memories of me to make it easier for you to let me go." Katie explained. Elenor couldn't believe it. She had an older sister and she was taken away from her.

"why didn't you tell me before? why after so many weeks?" Elenor asked, a little bit angry Katie didn't tell her sooner.

"I wanted you to trust me first, I didn't know how you would react. I couldn't just go up to you and say, "hey I'm your sister", would you have believed me?" Katie said. She kinda had a point.

"why should I believe you now?" Elenor asked.

"I can give you back your memories to prove it to you. you'll remember all the times we had together." Katie told her.

"alright do it, I want my memories back." Elenor told her and Katie smiled and her eyes glowed and so did Elenor's and Elenor could feel herself remembering everything.

She saw it, each and every memory of her and Katie, the way they would play together every day and spend almost every minute together. She was there with them, baking pizza every Friday night, she was there, celebrating her birthday, she was there, watching movies together. The 2 of them slept together in the same room. She could feel the love she felt for her older sister. and she remembered the day her sister was taken from her.

~~~

It was like every day, Katie and Elenor were hanging out together. Elenor was 5 at that time and Katie was 11. they were playing when they heard a knock on the door. They were curious to know who it was so they went downstairs. They saw their mother talking to a guy and saw many police cars outside. Elenor hugged Katie as they wondered who that was.

"mom? who's that?" Katie asked out. Both the man and Charlotte looked over at both of them.

"Katie, Elenor, go back to your room." Charlotte told them.

"No actually don't. Katie, I need you to come with me." The man told her.

"you can't just take my daughter." Charlotte told him angrily.

"our daughter, she's my daughter as much as she's yours." the man told her.

"you can't just show up after all these years and take her away from me." Charlotte said in anger.

"I can and I will, I need her to help me. I have lawyers that can help me win over custody of her and you know I can do it." The guy told her.

"what is he talking about mom?" Katie asked. Charlotte's eyes started to well up.

"didn't your mother ever tell you? I'm Henry, your father Katie. your biological father." Charlotte got angry and slapped the man.

"you can't just come in here and claim that you would be a better father than her non-biological father." Charlotte said with angry tears.

"you know you can't stop me Charlotte. we can do this the easy way or the hard way. And don't try to use your daughters' powers on me, you know the others would come for her anyway." The guy warned Charlotte.

"what is he talking about mommy?" Elenor asked worriedly.

"I need Katie right now to help my friend President Gray, and I will get her to come one way or another." the man said. Elenor didn't want her to go, Katie can't go.

"you can't take her. she's my sister." Elenor said as tears formed in her eyes. She looked at Katie with pleading eyes and saw that Katie had tears in her eyes too.

"mommy tell the man he can't take Katie." Elenor pleaded but Charlotte just looked at them with tears streaming down her face. Charlotte couldn't do anything because she knew Henry would have the power to take Katie away from her. No matter what, rich people always win.

Katie knew that she had to go with the man. She knew that there was nothing she could do. He said so himself, even if she used her powers, there will be others who would take her away eventually. Katie turned to Elenor.

"It's going to be okay, you're going to be okay" Katie told her.

"Please don't go with the man." Elenor pleaded. Katie hugged Elenor before speaking up.

"do you trust me?" Katie asked and Elenor nodded her head. Katie kissed Elenor's forehead and her eyes glowed. Katie used her powers to erase herself from Elenor's memories, everything they ever did together, every holiday they ever went together, everything. Once she was done, she got up and walked down stairs towards her mother. Elenor blinked and didn't know what happened. She saw a girl by the door with her mom and wondered who she was.

"It's going to be okay mom." Katie told her mother.

"no" Charlotte told her and grabbed Katie's arm and brought her behind her.

"you want my daughter, you have to go through me." Charlotte said with a determined look on her face.

"you asked for it." Henry told her. Katie had to stop this before her mother got hurt. Her eyes glowed and she commanded both of them to stay calm and they stood still. She turned to her mom with tears in her eyes and hugged her before using her powers to erase all her memories of them together. Once she was done, she turned to Henry.

"I'll come with you." She told him.

"good girl." Henry took her hand and they turned around and were leaving the house when they suddenly heard a voice.

"what is going on here?" They both looked up and saw Katie's father coming home from work. Katie told Henry that she would handle it and walked up to her father and hugged him as she erased his memories as well. Tears flowed down her cheek as she and Henry got into a car and the driver drove off, the other police cars following behind.

~~~