chapter 11

The group of kids led the 5 of them to their campsite and Liam, Chubs, Elenor and Ruby decided to set up another tent for them to sleep in. Once they were done, all of them used a few glow sticks as night light and they sat around the night lights like camfire. They were talking about the compound and the slip kid.

"last week we scored five pallets of fresh produce of a delivery truck." The boy told them.

"what did you do with all of it? I mean, it's only 4 of you guys." Chubs asked.

"We do what needs to be done. We're the arms and legs of the of the greater cause." The boy said with a smirk.

"wait do you know him?" Liam asked.

"know him?"

"yea, the slip kid."

"nah, nobody really knows the slip kid." The boy told him.

"we're trying to find his camp." Elenor told him.

"east river?" the boy asked.

"so it's real?" Ruby questioned.

"sure." The boy simply answered. Liam faced the group with hope in his eyes

"So where is it?" Elenor asked.

"I can't tell you." The boy said and Liam scoffed.

"Come on dude you got to be shitting me man, come on!" Chubs exclaimed.

"They call it a secret for a reason, pal" another boy from the other group told him.

"It's one of the slip kid's rules. one hundred percent secrecy. It's the only way he can keep all the kids safe." The 5 of them looked annoyed. Elenor was about to use her mind powers to get the information but Ruby looked at the boy.

"look, we're not a bunch of dead weight. we're powerful, and we're useful, the slip kid would be lucky to have us." Ruby told the boy.

"E.D.O" the boy said.

"wait what? dude that is not cool!" the other kid exclaimed.

"what's E.D.O?" Ruby asked.

"that's all you get. E.D.O" the boy said and Elenor grunted. what the hell is E.D.O?!

"alright we should get to sleep" The boy announced. why is he in such a hurry to go to sleep? Elenor found it weird but didn't think much of it. The other group of kids went over to their tent and Liam was tired so he wanted to sleep. He went over to Elenor and kissed her before going into the tent and went to bed. Elenor smiled and went over to sit beside Chubs. Ruby had brought Zu into the tent to tuck her into bed. Elenor saw from the gap of the entrance that Ruby was reading a story to Zu and she smiled at the sight. Chubs got her attention and pointed to his mind and Elenor's eyes glowed black as she entered his mind.

(italic words mean they are talking in their minds)

"I know I'm here to keep watch, but how come you aren't sleeping?" Chubs asked Elenor.

"I'm not tired, plus, I wanted to keep you company." Elenor smiled at Chubs and he smiled back. He turned back to his notebook and continued scribbling in it. She got closer to him and looked at his notebook. He was trying to figure out what E.D.O meant.

"could it be some kind of representation letters?" Elenor asked in his head.

"tried that. I tried, every language possible. but none of it made sense on how to find the location." Chubs told her and Elenor grunted. why is this so hard?!  Elenor and Chubs were discussing about other possibilities of what E.D.O meant in their head while Chubs was writting it all down when Ruby came up to them.