chapter 14

They crossed fields and many forests to get to Prince Lake. They talked and got to know Ruby better and learnt a lot about her.

With Chubs's and Elenor's help, they were able to take a shortcut through the woods towards Prince Lake. It was sundown when they reached Prince Lake. It had a train track and the 5 of them walked along it.

"I don't know guys, this doesn't feel right" Liam stated.

"Man, y'all are just a bunch of negative nellies." Chubs sighed and he walked a little more to the front before stopping and turning around.

"Check it man." Chubs said as the 4 of them walked and stood beside him. They looked on the ground and saw a bunch of sticks and a tire which were placed together to form E.D.O.

"E.D.O" Elenor said with a smile. Liam smiled at what he was looking at.

"E.D.O man" Chubs stated.

"oh my god." Ruby couldn't believe her eyes.

"alright let's go!" Elenor exclaimed and the group turned around and continued following the tracks.

They were walking past a big patch of empty land when suddenly they heard gunshots and all of them immediately got down on the ground.

"Stay on your knees! Heads to the ground!" They heard a voice shout out and they did what they were told. A bunch of people came out from the forest and surrounded them and pointed their guns towards them. Elenor held Zu's hand to calm her down from the scare.

"hey we're not armed" Liam told them.

"save it asshole." one of the guys grabbed him and grabbed Liam roughly.

"wait hold on" another guy said and the guy holding Liam loosened his grip.

"Liam Stewart?" the guy asked.

"Mike?" Liam said and stood up. Who are these people exactly?

"everybody stand down." Mike commanded and everyone lowered their guns.

"Jesus. sorry Liam, I didn't know it was you." Mike apologized

"it's okay." Liam said and they shook hands. The rest of them got up from the  ground.

"wait I thought you were with Josh?" Liam questioned.

"I was, I made it through the fields. Thanks to you." Mike said and smiled and Liam smiled back. Elenor and Zu walked up to Liam and Liam wrapped his hands around Elenor's waist.

"wait are you looking for-" Liam wanted to ask Mike.

"you found it." Mike told him and he and Elenor looked at each other with a huge smile and hugged each other.

"welcome home." Mike told the group.

"Finally, I told you man." Chubs said and raised both hands in the air in happiness.

Elenor turned to Zu and hugged her as Liam went to hug Ruby and Chubs. They were so happy they finally found the compound. Mike led them to a huge camp ground and led them inside.

Elenor could see many kids playing and running around, some planting some vegetables, others were watering plants. There were even kids who were doing the laundry.

"This is it." Liam said with a smile. Elenor couldn't believe it, they were finally here. Elenor looked over at Zu, who was still holding her hand, and saw her smiling at a bunch of kids her age who were running around and Elenor smiled, Zu finally had kids her age to play with.

"Everyone looks so happy here." Ruby said with a smile.

"yea, we don't segregate by colour here, we respect each other's differences, but we're all the same." Mike explained and the 5 of them smiled at how inclusive this camp was.

"come on let's go." Mike told them.

"go where?" Chubs asked.

"it's time to meet the slip kid." Mike said and they gasped. They were actually going to meet the slip kid?? Elenor was feeling excited at the thought.

Once they reached a hut, Mike opened the door and led them all inside. Inside, the slip kid was typing on his laptop and there was a girl sitting right next to him, typing on a laptop too. But when they entered they stopped what they were doing and turned around and stood up. No way. The slip kid is Clancy Grey??!?

"you gotta be kidding me." Chubs blurted.

"Clancy Grey?" Ruby said in disbelief.

"I knew you were reformed" Chubs said and Clancy chuckled.

"you're Charles right?" Clancy asked as they shook hands.

"and you must be Suzume." Clancy said as he looked over at Zu as Zu smiled at him.

"And Liam Stewart. the hero who broke hundreds of kids out of Calendonia." Clancy smiled at Liam. Elenor huffed. She, too broke the kids out. where's the credit?

"and Elenor Rosefeld. I didn't forget you. The most powerful girl, the first of your kind. You too broke the kids out of Calendonia." Clancy smiled at Elenor and Elenor smiled back. Clancy looked at Ruby.

"Ruby Daly, the last remaining orange other than me, Elenor and my girlfriend. It's an honour to meet you." Clancy said and turned to the rest of them.

"I'm honestly excited to meet all of you. I mean, you're kind of legendary. You're so welcomed." Clancy said excitedly. Just then the girl behind him cleared her throat.

"Oh, let me introduce, Katie, my girlfriend. She's a red and an orange." Clancy introduced the girl and the girl smiled at everyone but looked at Elenor longer than the rest. She had long curly hair and blue eyes. She actually looked familiar but Elenor put her finger as to where she had seen her. Elenor couldn't believe there was another person with more than one power.

"Now there's a lot to be done here and we could really use your guys' help. I'm thinking... Cabin 18." Clancy told Mike.

"Yes sir." Mike nodded his head.

"go get settled, we're gonna have some fun tonight." Clancy said with a smile.

Mike led them to the cabin which was 2 cabins down Clancy's office. Mike let them settle down and they went into their cabin. It was huge with lots of space in it and there were bunk beds and a hammock in the middle and even coffee tables. Everyone had their mouths opened in shock.

They agreed that Zu and Chubs would sleep on top while Ruby, Elenor and Liam would sleep on the bottom

They agreed that Zu and Chubs would sleep on top while Ruby, Elenor and Liam would sleep on the bottom. Elenor was exhausted from walking all day and she immediately put down her bag and laid on her bed and the rest of her friends did the same.

"today was exhausting." Elenor said.

"couldn't agree more." Ruby agreed.

"hey, we should bury Jack's ashes here, he would have wanted that" Elenor sat up and looked at her friends.

"great idea." Chubs said out loud. Elenor got down from her bed and went to her bag and took out the box containing Jack's ashes and Chubs and Liam took shovels they had found in the cabin storage room and the 5 of them went behind the cabin which had a patch of land they could bury his ashes.

Chubs and Liam dug a hole and Elenor placed Jack's ashes into the hole and Chubs and Liam covered the hole. the 5 of them stood around Jack's burial ground in silence before Liam spoke up.

"rest in peace buddy, we'll miss you" the 5 of them prayed for Jack for awhile before Elenor spoke up.

"I'm gonna take a nap." went back to their cabin and climbed onto her bed and closed her eyes. 5 minutes later, she found herself falling asleep.