chapter 7

It had been a year since the group had been driving around. Elenor had gotten pretty good at driving and her and Liam have been switching between driving. Zu has been doing great at math, although she keeps getting distracted and draws stuff on her math notes. Chubs always told her not to do that but she couldn't help it. They also found out that there was supposedly a huge compound where all the kids can live together in peace with no one chasing them and they have been trying to find that compound ever since.

Right now, they were at a gas station, stocking up on supplies for the next few days. Once they were done stocking up, Liam, Chubs and Elenor went further down to figure out where they were going next. They took out a map and looked at their location.

"okay so we're here." Chubs pointed at their location on their map.

"and we need to get to east river which here." He traced his finger on the map to the east river on the map.

"So that means we have to go that way." Elenor said as she pointed infront of her, figuring out their next direction.

"Yup." Chubs said and looked into the distance while Liam and Elenor smiled at each other. Suddenly, Chubs expression turned scared and he turned to Liam and Elenor.

"we gotta go, now!" Chubs shoved the map into his backpack and pushed Elenor and Liam towards their van.

"Chubs! Slow down! What happened? what did you see?!" Elenor asked worriedly.

"It was lady Jane! I saw her with my own eyes." Chubs told them.

"well, you're blind." Liam told him and Chubs glared at him.

"Let's just focus on getting to East river." Liam said as he got into the driver's seat and Chubs got into the passenger seat. Elenor opened the side door to the van and got in, looking at Zu with a smile before sitting down beside her. Liam started the engine and was about to drive out when they heard someone yell.

"Ruby!" Elenor looked out the back door window and saw 2 people running towards their van.

"who are these guys?!" Liam shouted.

"go go go go go!" Chubs exclaimed and Liam pressed the paddle. He drove the van onto the road and was relieved when they stopped chasing them, not that they could chase them on legs.

"what happened at the gas station Zu?" Chubs asked Zu.

"Did they see you?" Liam added.

"And who's Ruby?" Elenor asked with a confused look on her face.

"I'm Ruby" A girl Elenor's age came out from under a blanket and Elenor's heat got an attack. Liam jerked the van to a stop and both him and Chubs turned around. Elenor got a good look at the girl. She had curly hair and wore a red jacket and jeans and she still had shoes from camp. Had she just came out from camp? Zu gave ruby a questionable look that said, "Why did you reveal yourself?"

"I'm Ruby daly." Ruby introduced her full name to the 4 of them.

"What do we always tell you Zu? No strays." Chubs told her with a slightly annoyed tone.

"wait I'll handle this." Liam tried to calm Chubs down.

"don't worry, I'm leaving." Ruby said as she tried opening the van's side door but realised it was locked.

"Did you just come from camp?" Elenor asked, looking at her shoes.

"Yea, they broke me out." Ruby explained as she took off her shoes.

"But I'm a green, I'm not a threat." Elenor thought it was suspicious that people would help a green break out from camp.

""They" being the league?" Liam asked.