Chapter 2

~Alex Woods~

I hear my phone alarm go off signaling that it's time to get up for school. I get up to find some jeans and a T-Shirt to wear to hide the scars.

I'm Alex Woods and I'm 18 years old. I have bright forest colored eyes and a built body, I'm 5'12 tall. I started working out after my stepfather Thomas started to beat me.

My mother died a year after my baby brother Dean was born. That's when we found out that cancer caused her death. But Dean is about 5 years old.

You may ask why I don't I just leave, well I can't just leave my baby brother with that monster. He would beat him to be his personal slave and make him do all the work around the house.

I just can't do that to Dean. He is the only real family I have left. My stepfather Thomas was always beating on me when my mom wasn't around. He broke my arms once and lied to my mother about it.

He is a total asshole and I'm not leaving my little brother with him.

I'm on my way to school now since the nanny is here to take care of Dean. I pay the nanny out of the money my mother left me which was a lot so I put some away for Deans college because I know Thomas isn't going to.

I park my black truck into Jerry Ring High School parking area for the students. I grab my binder and my English book then locked the door.

As I'm walking to the school doors my best friend Matt coming up to me with John walking with him. "Yo, what up," He says to me as we all continue to walk through the hallway.

When I bumped into something but when I looked down it was a someone. It was Lucy Wriston the school nerd know as the outsider.

"Watch where your going nerd," I say to her walking out with my friends laughing about something John did on the soccer field yesterday.

But when I was looking down at her face I saw hatred and anger in those beautiful hazel eyes shining with amber in them under her big bold glasses.

I walk into homeroom late to see Lucy drawing in her book as usual. That's all I see her doing when she's not with her friend Jada.

In my opinion, I don't see how they could end up as friends. They are total opposites.

Jada is a rebel when Lucy is the school nerd because Jada always getting in trouble or partying.

The bell rings telling us to get to our next period. Ugh, I hate English class it's so freaking boring.

As I'm walking to class I see Sophie as the school slut walking up to me but all the cheerleaders follow her.

We fucked like twice I think and she still won't leave me alone. So I've had to become a bigger asshole towards her. But this chick is obsessed with me because everything I do she keeps coming back. I don't like a girl like that. It just shows me she has really no respect for her body and that is why she is always used for sex.

"Hey baby, how you doing?" She asks me in her high pitch voice like Barbie as she hugs up all on me. God, her is so annoying with that voice.

"I'm fine," I say as I try and walk away from her so that I can get to class but her grip. The bell rings telling me that I'm late to my class now.

I don't know what I saw in her when I dated her last year.

I walk into Mr.Smalls English class late which I get a glare from him. "Well hello, Alex it's nice to see you actually show up for class. Now go find a seat." He tells me as he turns back to the board writing something.

I go to the back of the class an sit in my seat. Instead of paying attention in class I just draw in my notebook. He is just writing down work that we'll be doing for the year.

We don't have to write it down, which I'm happy about since I don't like my handwriting.

_______________

Finally, the day is over I'm not going last period. I've got to get home to watch over Dean. The nanny is leaving soon because she has kids too but they are in school now so that's how I'm able to have her watch Dean for me.

I get in my truck and start it up I pull out the school parking lot.

On my way home I stop at the store to get Dean and me something to eat. The boy loves pizza a lot.

"Hey, I didn't feed Dean because I had a feeling you would bring food home or make something for him." The nanny says as she walks down the stairs with Dean on her hip.

"Yeah, I brought his favorite home tonight," I tell her as I take him from her putting him on the hip.

"I'll put your payment in on Friday for you like I do every Friday. And you have off Friday too since it's your twins birthday." I tell her as we walk into the kitchen.

"I had a cake made for them since it's their 13th birthday. And I got them something from the both Dean and I. Plus I got them both a phone since you been trying to get them both one so you don't have to worry about where they are." I tell her as I hand her the gift bags for her kids. She likes a second mom to Dean and me.

"You didn't have to do any of this for us." She says tearing up I pull her into a hug with Dean still on my hip.

"You and the kids are Family now so don't worry about anything your a second mom to Dean and me you know," I tell her as I pull away from her smiling because I know I'm telling her the truth.

"Now go home your kids should be getting home soon and take these with you," I tell her as I carry that gift bags out while she carries the cake to the car. Once we have the stuff in the car she hugs Dean and me bye to get home.

I take Dean inside to get something to eat. We get some pizza for dinner then I bath Dean before I put him to bed.

After I put him to bed I hear Thomas come up the stairs. "I'm going on a business trip in a few days for a week. I'm putting money in your bank account to have money for Dean and you while I'm gone." Thomas says slamming his door shut down the hallway.

I go to my room and get ready for bed but I shower first to dry off what I need to. I put my boxers on and white beater on before I lay down.

I pick up my Samsung galaxy 5 off the table and set an alarm for the morning. I check Facebook but nothing was interesting on there tonight.

I open my clash of Clans app on my phone. I play it for about an hour before I start to feel sleepy.

But before falling a sleep I get a text "be careful who you trust. We are watching"

I put my phone on the charger then sat it down on the table telling myself I need to call my aunt in the morning. I turn the light off and pull the covers closer to me then I let the sleep take over me.

Like & Comment Please!