I Fell For You

He says "Enna there is something I want to tell you and I thought it would be better out here under the stars, just us rather than through text."

You sit back and ask "What is it?"

Feeling nervous and a little shy he tries to joke and with a cheeky smile he says "Kimchi?"

You pull away from him and say "If this is just to tease me in some kind of joke I'm going inside and I will never speak to you again!"

You start to get up but he reaches out and takes hold of your hand. "Please sit by me. I do have something I want to tell you. I felt I tried to rush things due to our busy schedules. I thought I had pushed you away back then and I wanted you to know I am sorry."

"I didn't mean to start off on the wrong foot like that. I'm was just embarrassed."

Surprised you say "You embarrassed? I don't believe it."

He says "Even I get embarrassed sometimes."

You relax some and sit back. You smile at him though, you never thought he got embarrassed especially over something concerning you.

He smiles when he sees you are smiling at him, "Will you be alright if I pulled you closer?"

You shyly nod and he wraps his arm over your shoulder and pulls you closer to you. His warmth seems to seep into your body and calms your nerves. You snuggle into him and rest your head on his shoulder.

Barely above a whisper he says close to your ear, "You're so beautiful."

Blushing under the light of the moon and stars you ask him "Do you really think I'm beautiful?"

He leans close to your ear and whisper "Yes. I have thought you beautiful from the day I met you."

You lean away from him and look right at him "You what? Not, not, no. I can't believe it. I was lanky and had buck teeth with braces, I was ugly."

He smiles saying "I fell for you, for who you are, your blushes, your smile, your laughter and your gentle shyness. I fell for the way you always put others first."

You are stunned at first then say "But after I dumped the kimchi all over you I didn't think you would want to be near me again. I thought you were mad at me."

He quietly laughs "Well, I was mad my first pair of Gucci slacks where ruined but it was more than made up for by your cute blushes."

"I avoided you the whole week because I was so embarrassed and thought you were mad at me."

You think of all the time spent avoiding him feeling ashamed, that you could have spent together possibly building a relationship. Your bottom lip starts to tremble and you look away from Taehyung.

He gently turns your face back to his. "I wasn't mad at you and it hurts to know you thought I was. My heart had already fallen for you, I wanted to be with you."

Speechless you just sit there staring at him. Finally you say "Hana kept trying to get me to talk to you and to come back for visits when you could be there too. I tried but I didn't know how you felt."

He keeps smiling at you "I know you tried. I have plenty of partial texts or hang ups from you."

You feel your cheeks heat with a blush, "I just chickened out at the last minute. I was wanting you to answer yet scared that you might."

He smiles sweetly with understanding "Hana has been talking to me about you. Keeping me up to date on how you're doing."

Surprised you start to laugh, "What? She has been talking to me about you and keeping me up to date on how you're doing."

He is laughing and pulls out his phone. He holds it up and shows you a pic of you from before their debut at dinner the day of the kimchi incident.

You laugh "Oh my."

Tae says "I have carried your picture with me every where and have tried to get Hana and Namjoon to get us together."

You give a soft "Oh" and smile at him. "I, I don't know what to say."

You pull out your phone and bring up your favorite picture of Taehyung. The one taken of you two with Hana and Namjoon right before the kimchi incident. "This is with me everywhere I go."

You trade phones looking at pictures taken that night and laugh together. You hand each other your phones back still laughing when you noticed he has stopped laughing.

You wonder if you did something wrong.