Chapter 1: Pilot

🌻•*¨*•.¸¸✧̣̇

  "Miles!" Miles hummed as his favourite song, Sunflower, blasted in his headphones as the smell of Sharpie markers filled the room while he coloured another one of his hand-made labels. 

"Miles, papa, it's time for school!" Miles attempted to sing along to the lyrics of the song, still not hearing his parents calling from downstairs.  Miles stopped drawing just to hit a high note. "Miles!!" a deep voice screamed from downstairs, finally catching Miles' attention.  "Y-yeah!" Miles screams back, slightly startled. 

"Are you finished packing for school?" the voice downstairs asked.  Miles looked at his empty suitcase and then looked at the door and shakily replied, "Y...yeah..."

  Next door, a teenage girl was busy putting on her school uniform.  The dark skinned girl put her long, flat-ironed hair in a simple low bun, with two strands in front of her face.  She threw on a grey long-sleeved dress which has the school's logo on it over her white shirt and put on a blue tie over it all. She couldn't forget the red-and-black beaded bracelet from her father.

Oh, how she missed him. Her mind started to wander as she played with the bracelet on her wrist, having painful and regretful flashbacks.  "¿Melody, mija, terminaste de prepararte para la escuela? (Melody, are you finished getting ready for school?)" a woman called from downstairs.  "Si, mamita, casi listo! (Yes, mom, almost done!)"

Melody got out of the mindless zone and hurriedly went to her Jordan's collection and spent a hard time figuring out which one to pick.  "Melody, hurry up!" her mother yelled again.  Melody sucked her teeth and quickly picked up the blue Jordan 1's, grabbed a small bag and ran downstairs.

  "Where's my laptop?!" Miles asked as soon as he opened his door.  He was fully dressed for school, in a uniform similar to Melody's; a white shirt underneath a grey-blue long sleeve sweater along with a tie of the same colour, finished with a red Jordan 1's and headphone on his neck. 

Miles and his parents all scampered around the room.  "If you want me to drive you, we gotta leave now!" Miles' father, Jefferson, said, while looking around for his keys.  "No, it's okay, I'll walk." Miles replied, almost tripping over his couch.  He rushed to the kitchen but bumped into his mother, Rio, spilling her hot tea on her nurse uniform.  She angrily glanced at him and said, "Miles! Gotta go!"  "In a minute!" Miles mumbled with food in his mouth, trying to eat something before he leaves for school.

  While all of that was going on in the Morales-Davis' house, Melody and her mother, Ariella, walked outside, eyes wide opened as they heard the commotion going on next door. Ariella turned to her daughter and kissed her goodbye.

"¡Tener un buen día en la escuela, mija! (Have a good day at school!)" Ariella waved to her daughter as Melody walked further from the house.  "¡Gracias mamita!  Hasta luego! (Thanks mom!  See you later!)" Melody waved back at her mother and went on her way. 

  "Mom! I gotta go!" Miles groaned as his mother drowned him in kisses.  "In a minute!" Rio giggled.  Ariella snickered at her friend's attachment to her son.  Miles finally escaped from his mother's grasp and walked to school. 

"Your son goes to my daughter's school now right?" Ariella smirked at Rio.  "The chances of them getting together will be even greater now," Rio joked.  Both women giggled at the thought of their children together.  They always wished for them to meet.