Chapter 9: You're Like Me.

🌻•*¨*•.¸¸✧̣̇

"Come on, Uncle Aaron. Pick up. Pick up!" Miles yelled to himself as he looked at his phone while running down the street. Aaron's voicemail replayed in his head as Miles continuously called him.

Miles ran faster, bumping into many people, but he didn't care. He just kept running.

'No, no, no! It's not possible! I-It's just puberty! It's a normal spider and I'm just a normal kid!' Miles tried to convince himself.

SCREEEEEEEEECH!

Miles didn't see the incoming taxi car as he ran across the road.

The car was fast, but Miles was (somehow) faster. Even though he got hit, Miles flew above the car, doing a backflip and landing perfectly on the other side of the road. Many people applauded and cheered for Miles as he did this.

Confused, Miles looked back at the people and the car and ran away.

Later that night, Miles searched for answers. Sitting in a subway train, he scrolled through his phone, 'I gotta tell someone.' His leg bounced quickly as he looked through his contacts. He leaned back on the chair and exhaled.

After a while, the train finally came to a halt. Miles walked out nervously, waiting for the train to leave so he could go back to where his uncle showed him.

"Find the spider, you'll see." Miles whispered to himself as he walked down some stairs, holding a flashlight with his shaky hands.

He slowly looked around the site and his painting. He flashed his flashlight at the ground and there it was.

A cyan spider with orange legs. The spider looked so...rare.

First, the colours. Second, the strange purple pattern on the spider and well of course, the fact that it just gave Miles powers of a spider.

Miles definitely had never seen a spider like this before. "It's just a normal spider," Miles whispered, bending down to observe the spider better. "It's like- boring how normal this spider is."

He got closer to the spider, reaching a stick to it. As he touched it, the spider glitched. Miles quickly jumped back.

Suddenly. Miles felt as if something was about to happen.

He flashed his flashlight at the archway in front of him. As he walked toward the archway, he felt a tingling feeling up his spine.

Everything around him was turning purple and blue, with glitch effects all around.

He then got a terrible headache. He held his head as he winced in pain.

Everything suddenly stopped. Miles peeked through the curtain in front of him.

Then, it happened again.

The feeling.

So many signs for hazardous, toxic or dangerous things and something called 'Alchemax' were all Miles could've seen in his head.

As Miles kept walking, he encountered a few machines and a big glass two-sided window.

Miles got the tingly feeling again and held his head in pain. He got the feeling as if he should watch out and move out of the way.