Chapter 22: Kingpin pt. 2

🌻•*¨*•.¸¸✧̣̇

  The rest of the spider-gang exited the bus to Fisk Tower and swung closer to the tower.

They stuck onto the building looked inside. Inside held a grand dinner filled with high, prestiged people, and at the front of it all was Kingpin.

He stood by a podium, expressing his 'grief' and 'condolences' for his 'close friend', Spiderman. Melody scoffed in disgust, "What a pig." Porker turned to her, offended, "I'm right here!"

Gwen looked at Melody, who seemed to have been lost in thought. She nudged her shoulder gently, "You're sure you can do this by yourself?" "What other choice do I have?" Melody replied, still looking forward.

They all observed how the waiters were dressed, trying to see how they can blend in. The waiters were simply dressed in a Spider-Man costume with their normal waiter attire.

"It can't be that easy." Spider-Noir shook his head.

Oh, it was that easy.

The spider-gang effortlessly made their way inside the dinner as waiters.

  "I wanna thank Mary-Jane Parker for being here tonight," Kingpin called out. That triggered Peter as he walked past her. He stopped in his tracks and stared at her mindlessly.

Gwen blocked his distracted view, "Pay attention. Not your MJ, Peter, okay?" She groaned in frustration as Peter moved the table around to MJ's direction. She tried to stop him again, "Peter! Trust me. I've been there before. You gotta move on, buddy."

I mean, come on. She's working WITH the person who she loved so much from another dimension. The only difference is that HERS is dead.

"It will just take a second- oh!" Peter was cut off by MJ appearing in front of him.

"Um...I just wondered if we could have some more bread at table 12..." MJ mumbled. "I'm so sorry...I wasn't there for you when you needed me." Peter mindlessly apologized.

Melody and Gwen facepalmed.

Peter continued, "I know I could do better if I just had another chance to give you uh- the...bread you deserve."

Before MJ could do anything Melody ran infront of Peter, "We will get your bread right away, ma'am! He's just having a rough night, I apologize." MJ smiled, "Thanks...By the way, your suit is so well done! It's so close to Ghost-Spider's!" Melody nervously chuckled while pushing Peter away, "Oh! Thank you, I've been told that a lot, heh!"

"You alright, man?" Gwen asked, putting her hand on Peter's shoulder as everyone walked away.

Melody laughed, "Does he look okay?"

  The spider-gang made their way to the collider.

They watched as it activated, filling the room with radiant colors.

They swung closer to the top of the collider and stuck to the ceiling.

"I'll put the goober in and take over the beam." Melody explained.

"After you're all gone, I'll blow it up." Peter added.

"Pete, I can do this by myself, it's fine."

"I can't let you do this by yourself, Melody."

"And I can't watch you die again, Peter."

Peter sighed in defeat and handed her the goober.

  Melody crawled closer to the chip port and opened it, ready to punch in the goober.