Chapter 18: The Prowler

🌻•*¨*•.¸¸✧̣̇

  Ready to just give up, Miles sadly walked through the city streets. Not even the city's night lights could've brighten his mood. He ignored all the messages he was getting from his parents, who were worried sick and searching for him everywhere.

'I can't be good enough for them...'

  Miles went to the only person who truly understood him, his Uncle Aaron. As soon as he made inside Aaron's apartment, Miles realized that Aaron wasn't home.

So, he decided to write him a small letter:

"Dear Uncle Aaron,

I gotta do something, and I don't know if I could do it.

I'm scared, man.

I'm just tired of letting everybody down.

You're the only one I can talk to.

I just wish you were here-"

  Miles stopped writing when he heard someone coming upstairs to the apartment. He smiled, assuming it was Aaron coming back.

But, he was wrong.

Miles' smile faded quickly when the sound of metal came from the slightly opened window.

A pair of metal claws.

The Prowler.

  Miles immediately got up from the couch to hide when The Prowler came inside the apartment. He hid behind the TV and watched as The Prowler's shadow came closer and closer. It was only a matter of time until he caught Miles. Panicking quietly, Miles pulled down his mask so that The Prowler doesn't hear his quick breaths.

The shadow got closer.

And closer.

And closer.

THE PROWLER TURNED BEHIND THE TV AND MILES-

Miles fortunately turned himself invisible right on time.

  The Prowler scanned the area, then answered a call. "Hello, Mr. Fisk," He said in a deep, distorted voice. "I've got the security tapes from the tunnel right here. If Ghost-Spider and that other kid's out there, I'll find them. You know me, Sir. I don't ever quit." He said pulling off his mask.

Miles felt a huge lump in his throat as he looked at the Prowler's face.

The Prowler was Aaron.

HIS Uncle Aaron.

The man with whom he trusted his life with...is the same person working for the man who killed Spider-Man AND who wants Miles dead.

  Miles brushed past a plant as he made his way to the window again. But, The Prowler immediately started to follow him.

Miles scrambled down the stairs while The Prowler practically flew down. Miles fell in a pile of trash bags but quickly got up and ran. Fast. But, The Prowler was faster. He effortlessly caught up to Miles with his motorcycle. Almost colliding with him, Miles swung on a light pole to a moving taxi car, then onto a truck. The Prowler punctured the tires, causing the truck to collide with two cars from different directions. Miles flipped between the other two cars before he could've been sandwiched by them, losing The Prowler.

He scampered back to Aunt May's house, not even caring that it would take him hours to get there.

  A few hours later, it was now the next day. Peter B, Spider-Noir, Porker all sat in the living room while Gwen was in the kitchen.