Chapter 13: Peter?

🌻•*¨*•.¸¸✧̣̇

  The now bruised Spider-Man wannabe woke up to find himself tied to a punching bag in some random apartment. "That...kid electrocuted me...with his hands..." He mumbled as he turned to a tiny figure in red. His eyes opened wider as his Spidey-Senses went off. "You're like me." he said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I've got some questions." Miles said, folding his arms. "Why do you look like Peter Parker?" Miles first asked, pulling up his mask. "Because, I AM Peter Parker." Peter replied.

"Then, why aren't you dead? And why is your hair different? Why are you older?" Miles continued to ask questions as he examined this other Peter, "And why is your body...a-a different shape?" "Pretty sure you just called me fat," Peter grumbled. Miles tried to defend himself. "You know, you don't look too hot either, kid. Most superheroes don't wear their own merch." Peter commented. Miles looked down at his...costume and ignored Peter's comment.

"Are you a ghost?" "No." "Are you a zombie?" "Stop it." "Am I a zombie?" Miles looked at himself. "You're not even close."

"Are you from another dimension? Like- a parallel universe where things are like this universe but different? And you're Spider-Man in that universe? But somehow travelled to this universe and you don't know how?!" Peter was slightly impressed, "Wow. That was really all a guess?" Miles shrugged, "Learnt about it in Quantum Physics." "Quantum Theory," Peter corrected him. "This is amazing! You can teach me like Peter said he would! Look, I made a promise to him." Miles pointed out.

"Here's lesson number one, kid," Peter started, turning around the punching bag. "Don't watch the mouth, watch the hands." he finished, shaking his now free hands. Miles gasped as Peter kicked the punching bag straight into Miles. On the floor, Miles asked, "Peter, seriously?" before his mouth was webbed up. Peter looked out the window and sighed, "Trust me, kid. This will all make you a better Spider-Man.

  Before he could swing away, his body glitched, causing immense pain in every atom in his body. Miles looked down as Peter fell down two flights of stairs, "Hey, are you okay? What's going on with your body?" Peter turned, "I don't think my atoms are real jazzed about being in the wrong dimension. Peter groaned as he got up. "Look, I'm not looking for side gig as a Spider-Man couch. I got a lot going on in my dimension." He glitched again, almost falling down some stairs again. "You want my advice? Go back to being a regular kid." "I don't have a choice! Kingpin has a super-collider! He's trying to kill me!" Miles whined.

  "What did you just say?" "Kingpin's tryna kill me!" "Who cares about that? Where's the super-collider?" "Brooklyn. Under Fisk Tower." "Goodbye!" Peter put his hand up to wave, walking down the wall. "Where you going?" Miles groaned. "When it runs again, I'll jump back in and go back to my life." Peter continued walked. "This other Spider-Person, Ghost-Spider, and I are supposed to destroy it so it never runs again or everyone's gonna die!" Miles struggled to climb down the stairs.

"Plus, you're gonna need this." Miles held out the override key. "Aw, you have a goober! Give it." Peter demanded. "Wait, no. Not so fast. He called it an override key." Miles said, yanking his hand back. "There's always a billion different keys, too much to remember! So, I call it a goober." Peter explained. He used his webs to yank the key away from Miles.

As he walked away, he looked at the broken goober. He groaned, "See, this is why I never had kids." Miles perked up as he remembered what Ghost-Spider said, "Can't we just fix it?" "Thanks to you, I have to re-steal what your guy stole from Alchemax and make another one of these!" Peter replied, throwing the key backwards. Miles quickly took it, "Uh-someone's already o- the point is, if I don't blow up this collider, everyone here will die! You good with that, Spider-Man?" "Yeah," was the last thing Peter said before climbing on top of another building.

  Miles felt defeated. Well, almost. He had one more trick up his sleeve.

Guilt-tripping.

He slumped and waited for Peter to notice. Just like he expected, Peter did in fact notice, "What are you doing...?" "Making you feel guilty, is it working?" Miles peeked at Peter. After exchanging glances with each other for a while, Peter gave up. "Come on, kid. We don't have a second to lose!" Miles smiled at his victory and followed Peter.