017

𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟸𝟸𝚗𝚍, 𝟷𝟿𝟼𝟻 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎: 𝟷𝟷:𝟹𝟺 𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚝

𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎: 𝟷𝟷:𝟹𝟺
𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚝

.~*+-•-+*~.

The faint sound of crickets filled the air. The tall dead grass swayed against each other as Johnny and Ponyboy sat inside a beat-down metal scrap, a fire crackling in front of the two as they both kept their hands near, trying their best to stay warm.

Johnny kept his denim jacket draped around his shoulders, yet his arms were tucked underneath the fabric, not wearing the sleeves.

The fire crackled as sparks of orange and red escaped every now and then, causing Ponyboy to keep precautious of how his stance was.

Ponyboy always hated getting burnt. He wanted to seem tough yet he couldn't handle a few specs of fire landed on his pale ivory skin.

Johnny was quite the opposite. On the inside, he was all mushy and weak, but on the outside, he had a tough shell. Well, physically.

He didn't usually notice when the fire was getting too hot. In fact, he didn't even know his boundaries. He didn't bother to learn though. If he got burnt, he wouldn't care. That wouldn't have been the worst thing that happened to him.

The boys managed to keep quiet; neither of them wanted to talk about what happened tonight. None of them bothered to mention the fact that they almost got beat up by a gang of socs. They didn't wanna talk about it.

Despite the thick layer of silence, Johnny decided to open his mouth, seeing as how Ponyboy seemed to have a ticked-off look on his face.

"We're a couple of lucky greasers, huh?" Johnny joked, earning an eyebrow raise from Ponyboy, who scoffed and shook his head.

"Couple 'o big time socs, alright." Ponyboy huffed, leaning back on the metal scrap to hold him up, while Johnny kept his knees to his chest with his arms spread to the fire.

"Mustangs... they're tough." Johnny hummed, trying to lighten up the situation. Ponyboy simply had enough and let out a deep sigh.

"How come you're not affected?" Ponyboy quickly asked, throwing a small twig into the fire, while Johnny stitched his brown eyebrows together, confused as to what the boy had meant.

"Affected by what?" The boy questioned, rubbing his hands together to warm himself up while Ponyboy scooted closer to the fire and let out a huff.