023

Date: September 8th, 1965Time: 4:45 pmLocation: Tulsa Hospital

Time: 4:45 pm
Location: Tulsa Hospital

.~*+-•-+*~.

Y/N held a book out as she sat in front of Johnny, reading to him while he closed his eyes, listening to the sound of her voice.

That was all he needed to get through his day. His condition seemed to be getting worse and worse and doctors had suspicions that he might not make it.

Of course, they didn't hassle Y/N with worrying about Johnny. They didn't bother telling her. But they kept a tab on the boy to see if he might make a full recovery.

But Y/N could sense that Johnny was losing hope. She could tell by his soft tone. It was like he didn't even try. He didn't try to fight.

She felt horrible that he had felt so bad. So she always made an effort to see him whenever she could to see if he would be interested in trying to feel better.

Truth was, the school had already started. But she managed to convince Johnny that it would start later off this year since there was a tragedy. She knew he wouldn't let her spend most of the time with him instead of in school. It was the only way she could spend time with him without Johnny flipping out.

So she spent most of her hours in Johnny's room, trying to entertain the boy.

Today, she held a chapter book out in front of her eyes, reading aloud to the boy, who rested himself while listening to Y/N's velvet voice.

"Wilbur never forgot Charlotte..." Y/N read aloud to Johnny, who felt relaxed at the sound of her satin voice. He let out a small smile to himself just listening to her. In her hands, the book "Charlotte's Web" was held.

"This book is sad," Johnny commented, to which Y/N let out a chuckle, putting down the book, and laying it next to her.

"Do you suggest that we switch it?" Y/N questioned the boy, who hummed, letting out an "mhm." Y/N nodded her head and shrugged before crutching over to the cart of books that lay beside Johnny.

She hogged the whole cart since they usually liked to switch books a lot. The girl smiled before humming as she looked through the books, singing a song as she skimmed through the varieties of books.

Johnny recognized the song to be a great one. It was "Be My Baby," by the Ronettes. Y/N continued to hum the song before Johnny blinked his eyes open and looked at himself in the mirror.