026

Date: September 10th, 1965Time: 8:42 pmLocation: Tulsa Hospital

Time: 8:42 pm
Location: Tulsa Hospital

TW

.~*+-•-+*~.

"And that one goes to Ponyboy." Johnny explained to the girl, a full envelope held in her hand as she nodded her head, flipping the letter on its front to write the name "Ponyboy Curtis" on the back followed by a list of his address, the date, and who it's from.

"That's it." Johnny told the girl, who nodded her head as she added it to a stack of letters that piled up on top next to her, about 10 of them.

They were addressed to all sorts of Johnny's friends. Darrel, Sodapop, Steve, Dallas, Ponyboy, and Two-Bit. And he even wrote a letter to his mom and dad, but that was more of a "screw you" letter instead of a goodbye one.

"Would you be so kind and give it to them if I leave?" Johnny requested the girl, who nodded her head, trying to hide her sadness with a smile as she placed a hand in his hair.

"Yeah, I'll make sure." Y/N hummed to the boy, who gave the girl a faint smile as she sighed, feeling sad.

"I wonder how the greasers are doing at that rumble..." Y/N started, trying her best to change the subject.

"They'll be alright." Johnny insisted to the girl, who pursed her lips and tapped her fingers against her knees. She glanced around the room, trying to occupy her mind with other things.

A warm crisp silence outweighed the room as Y/N pursed her lips, trying to find something to talk about.

Once you talk about death, there's really nothing else to mention. It was the end of it all.

As Y/N looked at Johnny, there was an overwhelming sense of guilt and empathy for the boy. She looked at all his little scars. The scars that he hated so much.

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, trying to come up with a topic to talk about. And almost as if Johnny had read her mind, he opened his mouth, mentioning a bittersweet moment in their lives.

"Remember our first time at the drive-in?" Johnny brought up, causing Y/N's head to perk up as she made eye contact with him, a small grin growing on her face while she nodded her head, reminiscing on those moments when time seemed to stop.

Although thinking back on those moments was so bittersweet. It was a cocktail of mixed emotions. She wasn't sure how she should feel. She loved to look back, but it hurt her knowing that she'd never experience that feeling ever again.