021

Date: August 29th, 1965Time: 3:45 pmLocation: Jay Mountain

Time: 3:45 pm
Location: Jay Mountain

(This chapter might trigger some people...)

.~*+-•-+*~.

The smell of smoke lingered in the air as Dallas drove on the road, looking out as he perked his head up, looking out at the church that the boys were just in. As they came closer, the group soon realized that there was smoke coming out from the burning building, filling their lungs with a strong smell of ash and fire.

As Johnny laid eyes on the burning church, he felt an overwhelming wave of guilt. As if it were all his fault. And it must've been. After all, he and Pony spent the morning smoking it up in there as if it were some crack house.

Y/N's eyes opened wide as she saw the church, feeling her heart drop as she heard the subtle cry of children coming out from the building.

In that moment, he didn't know what came over him, but Johnny leaped out of the car, rushing out to go save those children that he heard the cries out to. And stupidly, Y/N followed after him. And soon after, Ponyboy.

"Wha- you guys are gonna get yourself killed!" Dallas argued, furrowing his eyebrows at the three teenagers before letting out a huff and rolling his eyes at their stupidity. Yet the group ignored his yells and kept on running to the church.

"Damned kids." Dallas muttered to himself before jumping out of the car as well and following the group, sensing that he would regret it later on.

Johnny ran over to the door, kicking it down with his foot, which seemed to fail. Then, Y/N took her elbow and smashed it against the glass, causing it to smash into small tiny pieces onto the floor.

"Y/N? Get back to the car, you might get hurt!" Johnny lectured the girl, who huffed and rolled her eyes before shaking her head.

"If you're going, I'm going too!" She yelled back before taking the pieces of wood off the door, causing them to fall like chalk underneath her hands. She squeezed into the door before Johnny huffed and followed along with the girl, who walked into the burning building.

Johnny didn't want her to go in. He couldn't risk having her come into the building. He worried that she would get hurt. He came to the sense that he didn't care about himself more than he did Y/N. And he would do anything to guarantee her safety.

Anything.

A piece of flamed wood came at Y/N, lunging at her face before she ducked, letting it swing just past her head. Ponyboy came in and followed the two, going to a crowd of kids that were grouped up against a wall.