I miss you (Teddy)

A/n: sorry for the crap ending
I also just added an unhinged ending inspired by my fave ibrokehisbone 

The italics are the funny spooky "we can't take her anywhere lmao🤪🤪" parts
TW: mentions of depression and
su!cide.
DONT IGNORE THE WARNINGS!!!!

I met Teddy Altman on a tour in Baghdad and instantly fell for her. She was easy to love. She's kind and funny, and her smile made me melt. I didn't really ask her out, we both just knew.

One day there was a bomb. It hit us and I got stuck under a piece of wood. It pinned my leg into place and I couldn't move. Teddy had to pull it off and stitch my leg up. That was when I decided to leave. I didn't ever want her to have to go through that again.

I called Owen, who I had done a tour with in Iraq, and he said that he had a placement for me at his hospital. Since I was a second year when I left, I would go right back into that same year group. I told Teddy, and she wanted to come with me. Owen got her a Cardio Attending position and we left Baghdad

'Hi! Are you Y/n? I'm Lexie Grey, the other second year. It's only us two, since the merger wiped out the rest.' A brunette introduces herself to me. 'It's nice to meet you Lexie.' I smile, shaking her hand. 'I'll have to introduce you to everyone. Those-' She points at a small group on the other side of the room. 'Are the Mercy-Westers. We don't really talk to them. This is Meredith and Cristina. Alex is over there.' She points at someone else. 'And I think that's everyone. I'll be with you all day, so if you have any questions you can ask me.' I let Lexie lead the way to the ER.

'Y/n!' Teddy calls at the end of the day. 'How are you?' She asks. 'I'm good! I got to scrub in on Dr. Shepherds tumour, and I met Lexie, and I didn't speak to the Mercy-Westers because I was told not to. How are you?' I ask. 'I met Yang. She doesn't like me, but she will. I'll figure it out.' She shrugs and we walk to the car.

'Hey! I saw you with Dr. Altman last night. Are you two friends?' Lexie asks while were changing into scrubs. 'Yeah, we're dating, actually.' Cristinas head whips around. 'You're dating Altman?' I glance over at her and Meredith. 'Yeah, she knows you don't like her, by the way.' Alex lets out a laugh and Cristina hits him.

A couple weeks later I head into work with Teddy. 'Excuse me ma'am, I was hoping you could tell me where Dr. Shepherds office is?' An older man approaches me. 'Yes, it's upstairs and right off the catwalk to your left. You can't miss it.' I look down at his hand, where he's holding a toy gun. 'Is that a present?' I ask. 'Yes. It's for my son. Thank you.' He nods and turns away from me. I turn back to Teddy. 'He looks familiar.' She says, but I just assume he's been here a while.

I'm walking with Dr. Robbins when a loud bang comes from downstairs. 'What was that?' She asks me. I shrug but when it comes again there's screaming. 'In here, now!' I hiss, pulling Arizona into a supply closet.

I push her to the back of the closet, behind the shelves. Then I peer out the window and see blood spilling out of the elevator. It opens and Lexie and Mark come out, dragging Alex with them. 'Y/n, what's going on?' Arizona says from the back of the closet. 'There's a shooter. He shot Alex.'

We spend the next three hours in that supply closet, until someone finally comes and tells us its okay to come out.

I find Teddy outside pacing on the grass. I run over and wrap my arms around her. 'I was so scared, Teddy.' She holds me tighter but doesn't say anything.

Everything got really dark after that. I found out that two of the people in my resident class were shot. 9 other people died, and Derek and Alex were both hurt.