15. Mine, yet?

The next morning, I went to a meeting with dad, leaving Brandon in bed, diving in dreams. I put a kiss on his forehead, sniffing my scent all over him like an alpha claiming his awnership.

I put on a suit as I always like to look serious when I get down to real business. Well, my dad once scolded me for going wearing casual, and I didn't make it twice.

We spent the whole morning in an IT meeting, trying to track down the glitch in the system. We made other plans in case things went wrong. I lost count on the cups of coffee I had through the morning.

Dad had to leave me there for a board meeting. He wouldn't have helped much in technical situations anyway, so he preferred to trust me with the whole thing.

We had another coffee break right in the afternoon. I decided to call Brandon to check on him. I went into an empty meeting room and called him right away. He picked up after a while.

"Brandon?"

"Hey, Jimmy. good afternoon."

"Are you up yet? How are you feeling today?"

"Better. I've been up for a while now. I even had breakfast. What are you doing? Your mom said you went to work with your dad. I didn't know you're that important. It's so cool." He chuckled. Good thing he sounds cheerful. I wouldn't want things to get awkward between us after last night.

"Yeah, I think I am." I chuckled, too. "We're having an issue in the system, and we're trying to fix it. I programmed half of it, and it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. I don't know when we're going to finish, though. I'm really exhausted." I rubbed my forehead.

"It sounds serious. Did you eat something?" This tone of his! Is he worried about me?

I paused a little. "I did, yeah." I fought the urge to tell him that I miss him already. "Did you take your medicines?"

"I did." A moment of silence followed after.

"Why don't you try to do your homework until I'm home. I'll help you with the rest when I'm there."

"Actually... my mom is gonna pick me up soon. She called." He sounded unhappy.

No, I don't want him to leave.

"What about what happened? How do you feel about it?"

"They are my family, Jimmy."

"I understand." I didn't know what to say. After all, it's up to him what he wanna do. I sighed out of frustration.

"Jimmy?"

"Yeah?"

"Umm! I... you know I'm going home. I have... uh! Marks on my neck. I don't... I mean, what should i do?" He stuttered.

Fuck! I left him hickeys last night.

"Oh! I'm so sorry. I'll call mom and tell her to lend you some makeup to cover it up."

"WHAT! NO! that's... that's gonna be hella embarrassing. Plus, i doubt it's gonna work."

"It's okay. It'll work. I'll tell her it's for a bruise or something. She won't even comment." I was lying because I knew mom knows already. She'll just act clueless until I talk about it.

"Okay. If you say so, then." He sighed.

"Brandon?"

"Yeah?"

"You know, whatever happens, I'll always be one call away."

He hummed. "I know. Thank you." He paused. "Umm, so? Would you like me to join your table for lunch tomorrow?"

My heart skipped a beat. Is he for real? That must be a prank! Right?

"Well, d... yeah. I mean, definitely. I..." I scoffed in relief. "You'll always have a place on my table, Brandon."

Why is it awkward! Why do I want to leave every fucking thing I'm doing and just go home and kiss the fuck out of his lips!

The silence was loud.

"I think my mom is here." His voice came out softer than usual.

"Take care, okay?"

"I will. Thank you."

I hung up, holding myself from screaming 'DON'T GO'. Why do I feel hollow after this call? Why does my heart beat like that? My heart never beat the same to any of the girls I've dated before. He's the first boy to make me feel like that. He's the first human being to make me feel like that. I think I'm in...

Someone knocked on the glass door, dragging me from my thoughts. She waved at me to join them in the next room. I nodded at her, pulling myself together.

It was evening time when I left the company, heading home. My head was banging, and my eyes were barely open. It was a tiring day. I couldn't do anything but take a shower and head straight to bed.

My room felt empty without Brandon. My bed felt cold. I tried to track his scent on my sheets, but it was changed to new ones.

I found a piece of paper on my coffee table. I was frustrated that he didn't leave anything behind.

"I had one of the best nights ever. Thank you for taking care of me. Brandon."

I smiled at his cute note. I picked up my phone to text him. I hesitated at first. What if I caused him any troubles? But I was still worried. He didn't text me since he went home.

Jimmy: I got the note.

That was the best I could do. I got a reply 5 minutes later. He texted me a shy emoji. It was cute.

Jimmy: Need any help with any homework?

Brandon: Done with it already.

Another few minutes passed in silence. I was waiting for him to say anything else. I needed him to say anything else.

Jimmy: Everything good there?

Brandon: Yeah. I'm about to go to bed. You?

Jimmy: It was a long day at work, but I'm home, finally.

Brandon: Get some rest then. See you at lunch tomorrow. Rooftop.

Jimmy: Definitely. Sleep well, okay?

Brandon: You too.

I wanted to text something intimate, but I stopped myself. I'm so glad he's the one to offer lunch at the rooftop. That's progress.

I stretched in bed, trying to fall asleep, but I was haunted by what happened last night. I could feel his touch, his scent, and his lips on mine. He weighted nothing on top of me. I twitched to the idea. Fuck! I definitely need more of Brandon. I need to taste him again, but this time, I gotta taste the whole thing.

Am I crazy for missing him that much? My heart pounces insanely every time I think of him. And I never thought that my heart would ever beat for a boy. Maybe I should make it official. Should I date him? Sooner or later, he's gonna bring up what we did. We gotta talk about it and make our situation clear. Maybe we'll talk about it tomorrow.

I'll tell him that making out wasn't enough for me, and I want more. I wanna date him. I want him to be my first boyfriend ever. And I want to show him the love he deserves.

♡♡♡

Thank you for reading. Please VOTE and leave comments. 🙏🏻

Follow me on Instagram and TikTok for fanarts and edits about the book 😉

Username: itsmeaw101