29. Break me

Brandon POV.

My body was aching and throbing like crazy the whole time Jimmy was driving me home. He was worried and kept checking on me constantly, like he hadn't checked my body on the yacht before we left. He even helped me to the showers and washed my body. It's still embarrassing.

I think I snoozed somehow on the passenger seat. I felt too warm wrapped up in Jimmy's coat, so my head got heavier. I was tired, and it was past midnight by hours.

I woke up to Jimmy rubbing my hair softly. I looked around to realize we were in front of my grandma's house.

"You're home." Jimmy said.

My heart sank immediately. I didn't want to leave him. I didn't wanna go home. I looked at him, begging him to take me away again, but I couldn't say the actual words.

The happiness I felt through those few hours was beyond any happiness I've ever experienced before. I was over the moon the whole time, and I was afraid to fall back. But it is what it is.

Jimmy grabbed my waist and pulled me closer. "Does your body still hurt? Do you want me to help you get inside?"

"No, I'm good." I smiled, pushing his arm away. "You spoiled me enough tonight."

I took off the coat and adjusted my clothes to get ready to leave the car.

"I'll miss you til Monday." Jimmy declared with a grin.

I grinned back. "Me too." I snatched a quick kiss and got off the car. "Get home safe. Text me when you're there." I said before he nodded, and I walked away.

He didn't leave right away. I know he was waiting for me to get in the house. I waved to him to leave when I reached the front door.

I couldn't have the power to change my outfit, so I just collapsed on bed and fell right on to dreamland.

Things were different for me now. I was more energetic than usual. I was happier. My grandma caught me smiling to myself the next day. She said I looked different. Of course, since I couldn't stop thinking of the things Jimmy did to me last night.

It was Saturday night, and it was time to go home. I made sure everything was fine for grandma. I had dinner with her and said goodbye, then left.

I kept skipping along happily all the way to my parents' house. I knew I needed to calm down before I entered.

Mom, dad, and Alex were still having dinner when I got in.

"Good evening." My smile faded when my eyes met my dad's glare.

"Good evening, sweetie! Come, join us. I'll get you a plate." Mom said, about to leave the table.

"No need, I had dinner with grandma. I'll just go to my room. I gotta do my homework." I said and turned around to leave when dad called for me.

"Brandon! Come here for a second." His tone wasn't reassuring. My heart sank. I hate whenever he calls my name.

I went back and stood in front of them. "Y- yes!" Damn it! My voice always cracks when I'm nervous.

Dad's eyes roamed over my body. I felt a shiver running down my spine. It was like he was looking right through me.

"When did you get that shirt?" He squinted his eyes on it, pointing at his neck and then pointing at Jimmy's turtleneck shirt I was wearing under my sweater.

My heart sank. Jimmy gave me his turtleneck shirt so I could cover the hickeys and the marks he left on my neck.

"It's... It's an old shirt I have." My throat felt dry. I'm not good at lying.