25

"I told him that the Ranger's were going to fight back no matter what. And he didn't listen. Why give him advice if he isn't going to listen to me?" Jodi questioned angrily.

"At least we still have the red energem."

"I have a feeling it won't last for long. I'm sure Tyler is still somewhere on this ship looking for it."

"Maybe we should just leave."

"That doesn't sound half bad." Jodi smiled.

~

"Who took my red energem!?" Sledge yelled.

"I'll give you one guess."

Sledge turned around, only to see the Red Ranger standing behind him. "What?"

"I've been looking forward to this."

"Me too."

The two ran at each other, throwing a few punches. Tyler got the last hit, causing Sledge to go flying into the navigation console.

"Master Sledge, you've destroyed the navigation console." Wrench panicked as he helped Sledge to hit feet.

The ship began to move uncontrollably, causing everyone to lose their balance. Tyler quickly left the as smoke began to form in the room.

He ran down the hall as fast as he could while keeping his balance. He entered one room and saw an empty pod. "Perfect."

Before he could take another step, he was suddenly kicked to the side of the room, causing him to go flying. "What?" He groaned.

"Maybe next time Ranger." The voice said.

He looked up, recognizing it as the monster from earlier. She was incredibly strong. He'd hate to have to fight her in the future. He hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Spite hopped into the pod, sending him one final wave as the doors closed.

"No!"

~

Once the pod landed safely to the ground. Spite stepped out and switched places with Jodi. "Now what?" Spite asked.

"I don't know. We just have to wait." Jodi said

The two looked up at the sky. They could see the ship just about to crash. "There it goes." Jodi waved to it. "This wasn't the outcome I was expecting."

"I guess that means no wedding."

"Fortunately." Jodi smiled. "Let's get out of here. We'll go check out the crash after all this has calmed down."

"Do you really think they survived?"

"All you monsters seem pretty immortal to me. I'm sure a small crash like that is just going to leave a scratch on all of them."

~

While waiting for the bus, Chase sat on the bench while playing a few games on his phone. If someone were to come up behind him, he wouldn't know.

"Where are you going?"

Chase looked away from his phone and smiled at Jodi. He put his phone back in his pocket and stood up. "Back to New Zealand."

"For how long?" Jodi asked.

Chase frowned. "To be honest, I'm not sure. I want to spend some time with my family, meet some old friends, and just chill."

"I see." Jodi lowered her head and frowned.

Chase looked down at the scar on her palm. It worried him that she'd have a panic attack while he was gone.