14

As they finally finished loading up the truck, Chase grabbed the rope from Koda and tied it all together so that it nothing would fall. "Perfect." He exhaled while dusting off his hands.

"You guys seem busy."

Chase turned around and smiled when seeing Jodi's face. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I heard about the Fossil Funday. I thought it sounded fun." She said.

"Jodi!" Koda cheered as he ran over to her. Her iced her off her feet and twirled her around.

"Good to see you too, Koda." Jodi smiled.

"It's going to be tons of fun. There will be a lot of dirt though. Since there's a lot of digging going on. Hope you don't mind." Chase said.

"Not at all." Jodi smiled.

She hated dirt.

"And a lot of kids. This event is mainly for them."

"Don't worry. I love kids."

Even worse.

"And you'll get to meet our new friend, Ivan. He's a really great guy."

The Gold Ranger.

"How do you keep making new friends?" She asked.

"I just have that charm." He winked. "We're all gonna come back here at the end of the day. So you'll be able to get your milkshake later."

"Sounds great."

Finally, something she'd actually enjoy.

"Where's everyone else?"

"Riley's helping Kendall. Shelby is heading this way. And Tyler is right over there." He pointed behind her.

Jodi looked around and waved at Shelby as she walked over. "Good to see you, Shelby."

"Good seeing you too." Shelby smiled.

Shelby hated how cute she was. From her cheeks, to her smile, even her hair. It was no wonder why Tyler liked her.

"Go say hi to your crush before we head out." Chase teased. I'm sure he'd be happy to see you."

Jodi's cheeks started to slightly turn pink. "I don't know what you're talking about." She turned her head the other way, using her hair to hide her cheeks. She made sure that her ears were still poking through her hair. But it was a pain to be putting this much effort into playing a role.

Chase let out a laugh. "So you do like him?" He teased.

Jodi let out a groan. "I'm not answering that."

"No need to. I'm pretty sure I already have it." He smirked.

Tyler could hear the commotion going on. His eyes then landed on Jodi. He waved at her as a smile grew across her face. Jodi sent him a small wave, awkwardly smiling at him as he ran over.

"We'll leave you two at it. Enjoy your time." Chase smiled. He turned to Tyler and gave him a thumbs up as the three friends left.

Tyler just glared at him. He turned back to Jodi and smiled. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I wanted to join in on the fun. I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all. We're happy to have you here." He smiled.

He really was such a kind person. Jodi wasn't sure how he didn't already have a girlfriend. But him not having a girlfriend made it even better for her. And it just made it ten times more fun.