11

"Where is Chase? Isn't he supposed to help clean up this place. The exhibit starts in like an hour." Shelby asked angrily.

"He's down at the base. Said something about there being a lot going on in his head." Riley said.

"Like what? Girls and skateboards? Did he hit his head falling or something." Shelby said.

"Hasn't he already?" Tyler joked.

"Done." Koda said as he put up the last chair.

"Alright. Let's head down to the base. No doubt Chase is probably asleep."

The turned off the lights and headed down. The second the doors opened up, they spotted Chase laying down at the table. "You've got to be kidding." Shelby rolled her eyes.

"I told you." Tyler laughed.

Riley walked over to him and tapped his head. Chase flinched at the touch. He opened his eyes and looked up at Riley. "Time to wake up, buddy."

"What are you doing here?" Chase asked. He sat back up and rubbed his eyes.

"We came looking for you. We're about to start the exhibit. What about you?" Shelby asked angrily.

"I came looking for Kendall." Chase lied. "I just took a bit of a nap while I was waiting for her."

"Sure." The three friends said sarcastically.

"Okay, fine." Chase said. "There's a lot going on in my head. I thought taking a nap would help me. But it just makes me think more."

"What's on your mind?" Riley asked. They all took a seat at the table together.

"I don't know. Just all these monsters that come out of nowhere. Where does Sledge get them all?" He questioned.

"I mean, he's a bounty hunter. Pretty sure they were all criminals at one point. He wants the money and power." Tyler shrugged.

"I'm sure no matter how many monsters we fight, there's always going to be another." Riley said.

"I guess you're right." Chase said. "You guys can go ahead. I'm gonna give Jodi a call real quick."

"She coming?" Koda asked.

"Yup, Tyler invited her." Chase smirked.

"You invited Jodi?" Shelby asked.

"Yeah. She said she missed out on seeing the prince and princess. Not like they were real anyways. So I invited her to come see the stone. So she could take pictures."

"Is that all?" Chase asked.

Tyler glared at Chase. "Yes, that's all."

"Alright then. We'll see you in just a second."

"I'll meet you guys there. I want to ask Chase something."

"Okay." The three friends left, leaving Chase and Tyler by themselves.

"What's on your mind?" Chase asked.

Tyler thought back to his conversation with Jodi the day before. Despite how happy she seemed, it was hard to believe that she had been through something so rough.

Tyler's lips dropped to a frown when he thought back to Jodi. "Is it true that Jodi had a rough time in New York?" He asked.

Chase frowned at the question. "She told you?" Chase asked. Tyler nodded his head.

Chase let out a sigh. "Seems like she's beginning to trust others more." He smiled.

"Is that a good thing?" Tyler asked.