16

She knew her parents would be on their way. She was quick to run downstairs and then back up to Andrew's room. "Here." She said, placing an icepack to his eye.

"Thanks." He said, grabbing the icepack from her. "You should go back to your room. They're gonna be home any minute now."

"I don't want to be alone." Jodi pouted. "I don't want them to hurt you anymore."

Andrew gave her a small smile. "I'm fine. It's just a black eye. It's not going to kill me. It'll go away soon." He assured. "I'm happy as long as you are safe."

Jodi rested her head on his lap. "Do you ever just want to run away?" She asked.

Andrew let out an exhale. "All the time. But I can't."

"Why not?"

Andrew looked down at her and patted his sister's head. "Because I need to protect you."

Jodi lifted her head in confusion. "Why?" She asked.

"Because you're my little sister. I need to be there for you. And I'm always going to be here to protect you. But I promise that when the time comes for me to leave, I'm taking you with me."

"Really?" Jodi smiled.

Andrew nodded. "I promise."

Jodi's smile widened. "I can't wait."

~

"Alight. Here's your strawberry milkshakes, made by yours truly. Enjoy." Chase smiled while placing the milkshakes in front of the girls.

"Thanks, Chase." Jodi smiled. "Try it. It's really good."

"Okay." Chloe leaned over and took a sip of the milkshake. A smile immediately grew on her lips. "This tastes amazing."

"Glad you like it. Now if you excuse me, I have more tables to go to. But I'll come back once Koda's done with his lunch. He seems to be enjoying his time talking to the prince over there." Chase said.

Their heads turned to the opposite side of the cafe. The prince continued to talk to Koda while he was busy stuffing his mouth with the burger.

"He has the stomach of a bear." Chase sighed. "Well, I'll be back."

He left the table and made his way to the kitchen. "She seems really good with kids." Riley smiled.

"I know right. I thought she would have a bit of trouble considering how shy she is. But she seems to be a whole different person with Chloe." Chase smiled. But it quickly turned into a frown. "But it seems like Chloe is starting to like her more than me."

"I doubt that." Tyler said. He turned his attention back to Jodi. Her smile was mesmerizing. "So cute." He mumbled.

"What was that?" Chase questioned.

"It was nothing." Tyler denied.

"Sir Tyler over here seems to be avoiding us. Say, when do you plan to tell her about these romantic feelings of yours?" Ivan asked.

"Not for a while longer." Tyler answered. "I'm still waiting for her to get more comfortable."

"You're better than me. I flirted with her off the bat." Chase said.

"We weren't even there and we already know." Shelby mocked. "Anyways, back to work. These tables aren't going to be serving themselves."

"Got it."

~

"How long are you staying here." Jodi asked.

"For a week. I've been wanting to come all summer. But I've been so busy practicing for my performance. But I'm glad Chase was able to see me." Chloe smiled.

"I heard you did really good. Chase told me how proud he was of you." Jodi smiled.

"Really?" Chloe gushed.

Jodi nodded her head. "He said you did amazing. That you shined brighter than anyone else."

"But that's just my brother talking." She pouted.

"But older brothers are always telling the truth. He wouldn't ever lie about something like that. And with a cute smile like yours, I'm sure he was telling the truth."

Jodi's compliment caused Chloe to smile more. But nothing Jodi said was actually sincere. This little girl was a ball of light. Jodi couldn't take anymore of it. But she had to if she didn't want to blow her cover.

"You must be happy to see Chase after a long time. I know he misses you all the time."

"I miss him everyday. But being able to see him makes me so happy." Chloe smiled.

Her smile was so bight, it was basically blinding.

"Say, are you dating Chase?" Chloe asked.

"What? Uh, no." Jodi blushed.

"That's unfortunate. You're really pretty. And super nice."

Jodi couldn't help but to smile. She knew she was pretty. But hearing Chloe tell her that she was nice made her want to laugh.

"I appreciate the compliments, but I already like someone else."

"Who?"

"Uh-"

"Hey, guys." The two girls turned their heads to Tylers voice." He smiled down at the girls as he placed down a basket of fries. "Chase wanted me to bring these to you. And he also wanted me to tell you that he's still going to be a while."

"No worries. Thanks for letting us know." Jodi smiled.

Tyler smiled back at her as he turned around and left back to the kitchen. Chloe noticed his smile. And she immediately knew.

"It's him, right?" Chloe asked.

"Huh?"

"You like him?" Chloe asked, a big smile on her face.

Jodi gave her a shy shrug. "Maybe a little. Don't tell Chase. He's always teasing me about this."

"You got it."

Jodi turned her attention back to Tyler. She thought back to the other day, how he was able to make her heart suddenly beat quite fast. She wanted to laugh again when just thinking about it.

"From the way he smiled, I'm sure he likes you too."

Jodi turned back to Chloe. She hated kids. But something about Chloe made her feel nice and warm on the inside. It was the first time she ever felt this this since she touched that energem. Chloe's smile never went away. She reminded her of herself when she was younger. But she changed. That genuine smile Jodi used to have completely disappeared, turning into one everyone easily fell into.

~

"What's with the robot?" Jodi asked.

"It belonged to the Prince of Zandar. But I stole it." Fury said.

"So what is it doing here?"

"I've got Wrench to program it so that it would only attack the Rangers." Fury answered.

"It still needs a bit of programming until it's perfected. But I'm sure I can get it done in no time." Wrench said.

"You better. Or else I'm putting you in the trash dispenser." Fury threatened.

"Please don't" Wrench begged.

"You two argue quite a lot. I've been noticing that lately." Jodi said. "Anyway, the Black Ranger will be at the skatepark with his sister tomorrow, if that helps. I'm sure you can follow him around until he meets with the other Ranger's."

"Maybe you are good at your job." Fury said.

"I know I am." Jodi smiled.

Hope you enjoyed!
See you Tuesday :)