6

"You're late." Shelby glared.

"I know. But at least I showed up." Chase smiled. He walked over to the kitchen and found Tyler at the grill. He walked over and took the spatula from him.

"What?" Tyler questioned.

"My turn." Chase said. "I don't feel like dealing with people today."

"Are you sure we can trust you with the grill again?" Tyler questioned.

"Relax. I've learned to pay attention more. Just go take orders and bring them drinks. Jodi should be stopping by soon, so I'll make her milkshake ahead of time for you."

"Jodi's coming?" Tyler smiled.

Chase looked back at him suspiciously. A smirk then grown on his face. "What with that smile?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"Are you into her or something?" Chase teased.

"What are you talking about?" Tyler asked.

"You just seem excited to see her. So I just assumed. So, am I right?" Chase smiled.

Tyler let out an annoyed sigh. He wasn't into Jodi. But her smile. Her red cheeks. Just the thought of it made him smile.

"You are, aren't you?"

Tyler shook his head. "No, I'm not. She just seems like a cool girl."

"Yeah, a cool girl that you want to go out with."

"Look, I'll admit, she is really cute. But I don't know much about her."

"I can tell you everything. She likes photography. She likes the beach. She has a sweet tooth. And best of all, she is super obsessed with strawberries. Like a lot."

"How so?"

"If you asked her out with a basket of strawberries, I'm sure she'd say yes. You should do that." Chase suggested.

"No, thanks."

"Oh look, she's here."

Tyler turned around to look at the entrance. But she was nowhere to be seen. Tyler turned back to Chase with an annoyed expression written all over his face. But Chase couldn't help but to smirk. "Maybe you don't realize your feelings now, but I'm sure you will soon enough. Plus, I have a slight feeling that she might be into you as well."

"Of course I'm going to turn around when you point at something. And if you're wrong?"

"We'll just have to wait and see." Chase shrugged. "Now go take orders. You're slowing everyone down."

"Says the one that was late." Tyler scolded. He grabbed a notepad and walked out the kitchen.

~

For the next hour, Tyler couldn't seem to keep his eyes away from the entrance. He'd do it while serving them food, taking orders, and while waiting in the kitchen for Chase to finish the food.

Chase couldn't help to smirk. He knew he was right. He couldn't wait for Tyler to realize that he was wrong.

At one point, Jodi finally entered the cafe. Tyler turned to the entrance and smiled when seeing her face. He walked over to her and happily greeted her. "You're here." He smiled.

"Yeah. Chase said I could stop by to get a drink. Plus, I really wanted to see you guys today."

"Well we're happy that you're here."

He could see her cheeks slightly turn pink as she shyly smiled down at the floor.

"Pick whatever table. I'll bring over your milkshake right away. I'm sure Chase has it all ready for you by now."

"Thanks." She said.

Tyler walked back over to the kitchen. He turned around and saw Jodi sitting down at a table in the corner. "You're smiling at her."

"I'm always smiling."

"I know, but never like that." Chase smirked. "Talk with her for a bit. And then come back to me when you finally realize it. I can be your wingman." He winked.

Tyler rolled his eyes. "Do you have her milkshake ready for me or not?"

Chase let out a slight groan. "Here." He said while placing the cup in front of him.

"Thanks."

Tyler grabbed the cup and made his way over to Jodi. He placed the cup down in front of her and smiled. "It's ready."

"Thanks." She smiled. She took a sip of the milkshake, her smile then growing wider.

"You really like strawberries, don't you?" He asked.

"I love them. They're my favorite fruit. I like strawberry milkshakes, strawberry smoothies, cakes with strawberries, and anything strawberry. They taste amazing and they look pretty."

"Is that why Chase makes fun of your cheeks a lot?" He asked.

Jodi used her hands to cover her cheeks. "I'm not red, am I?" She panicked.

Tyler shook his head and laughed. "No, you're fine. But you shouldn't be embarrassed about it. It's really cute."

Despite her covering her cheeks, he could see them slightly turn red. And he couldn't find it any cuter. "Like right now." He smiled.

Jodi turned away from him, but it didn't do much as her ears were also red. Though it was cute, he didn't want to make her uncomfortable. So he changed the subject.

"Have you always liked strawberries?" He asked.

Jodi nodded. "Ever since I was a kid. But the strawberries here are way better than the ones in New York. I love it here. I love everything about this place.

"I'm glad that you're a lot happier here."

"Thanks." Jodi smiled. "I don't like to talk a lot about my life in New York. Chase knows that I had a rough time. But I still haven't told him anything. It's just too hard. But certain memories have me smiling. But not a lot."

"Things that are personal are always going to be tough to tell others about. It's best to wait until you're more comfortable. Even if it takes a long time. I'm sure Chase understands." Tyler said.

"I feel like you have a knack at making me feel better a lot. I bet everyone really trusts you." Jodi smiled shyly.

"I don't know. I'd definitely like to think that." Tyler said, with the biggest grin on his face.

His smile was contagious. It only caused Jodi to smile even more.

It wasn't just her cheeks he found cute. She had a bright smile. And when she smiled, so did her eyes. It made his heart skip a beat.

Tyler quickly realized how fast his heart was beating. But he of course still hadn't realized that he was catching feelings for her.

"You have a really cute smile." He complimented her.

Jodi was shocked at the compliment. But she shyly smiled down at her lap. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before looking back up at Tyler.

"Thanks."

~

"I knew it." Chase muttered.

"Knew what?" Koda asked.

"Take a look." Chase said. He wrapped an arm around Kodak's shoulder and pointed over to Tyler and Jodi. "Don't you see the chemistry going on between the two?"

"Chemistry?" Koda questioned.

"Sorry, I forgot you don't know what that is. But do you see the way they smile at each other?"

Koda nodded his head. "They friends now." Koda smiled.

"Yes, but no. They like each other." Chase winked.

"So, Tyler like Jodi, and Jodi like Tyler?" Koda asked.

"Exactly." Chase said. "And it's only a matter of time until Tyler comes to me for help. Because then it proves that I was right all along."

Another update coming Tuesday perhaps.
Hope you enjoyed :)