19

"This photo of you is adorable." Poisandra said as she held up the photo.

"I know, right. I was a cute baby." Jodi smiled. "Throw it in."

"You got it." Poisandra said happily as she tossed the photo into the fire. She then grabbed another photo from the pile. "This one is also nice."

"Stop looking through the photo's and just toss them in. I don't want any of these anymore."

"What about for memories?"

"Why would I do that. I'm trying to forget about New York." Jodi glared.

"And the pictures of the Ranger?"

"Keep those for now. We might need them later. Then we can get rid of them once we get a few more energems."

"Don't you care about them?" Curio asked.

Jodi began to laugh. "As if." She wheezed.

"You're so cruel. I just love it." Poisandra gushed.

"What's going on in here?" Fury asked as he entered the room.

"Just throwing away some trash." Jodi said. "Wanna help?"

"No thanks." He said. "Pinky, Sledge is asking for you."

"Stop calling me that." She argued. "I'm coming sweetie!"

"Oh, me too." Curio followed.

Fury walked over to Jodi and watched as she grabbed more phot's from the pile and threw them into the fire. He picked up one photo and took a look at it. "I'm sure you could become a professional with these skills."

"I know. But that's not happening." She exhaled. "That was a dream of the past. I've given up that life for good."

Sledge noticed the camera sitting with the pile. "Are you getting rid of that camera too?" He asked.

Jodi looked down and noticed Andrew's camera. She picked it up and flipped through the photo's. She let out a slight laugh when seeing how old they were. But it began to remind her of New York, which made the ringing in her ears come back slightly.

"Yup." She said. And without hesitation, she threw it into the fire. "This is my official goodbye to what I used to be. No more of that."

"Do you ever regret coming here?"

Jodi scoffed. "Not even for a second."

~

Jodi sat at a random bench while enjoying the strawberry popsicle she got. Suddenly, she felt something furry touch her legs. She looked down and noticed a cat purring right at her feet. She leaned down and gently started petting the animal.

"Well aren't you a cutie." She smiled. The animal continued to rub it's head onto her hand. "Too bad Sledge hates cats. Otherwise I'd take you with me before this planet get's destroyed."

The cat jumped onto the bench and crawled onto her lap. It found a comfortable spot and laid down on top of her. She let out an annoyed sigh. "It seems to like you." Spite said.

"Maybe a little too much." Jodi muttered.

"Jodi!"

She lifted her head and saw Tyler making his way over to her. She gave him a fake smile and waved at him. "I see you're enjoying yourself." He said, looking down at the cat.

"I guess you could say that." She laughed.

"What are you up to?" He asked.

"Just eating a popsicle. I was just about to go home, but I can't do that anymore." She said awkwardly.