22

As Jodi finished getting dressed to go out, her eyes landed on the keychain sitting on the shelf. She felt her heartbeat suddenly increasing at the thought of Tyler again. It was still just as annoying. Though her heart was somewhat in love with him, her head said otherwise. And she knew she had to listen to her head.

"Do I have to take that with me?"

"Only if you want to make a fool out of him even more." Spite spoke.

"I guess you're right." Jodi said as she let out an annoyed sigh. She grabbed the keychain and put it on her bag.

"So what's today's mission?"

"I don't even know myself."

"Jodi!" Sledge yelled.

"Maybe he has one for me." Jodi walked out of the room and made her way to Sledge and Fury. "What is it you need?" She asked as she put on her ponytail.

"You're going to have to get that purple energem for me."

"What? Why?"

"Fury has found out that the purple energem isn't bonded with anyone. And the Ranger's are looking for someone to bond with it. And it's going to be you."

"Not a chance. I'm here to be a spy. Nothing else. Plus, if the Ranger's are out looking for someone with potential, than I probably haven't crossed their mind at all. They all probably think I'm too fragile to become a Ranger anyways. They want a hero, not a friend."

"Then I have no choice. There's only one other being on this ship you can mistake for a hero." Sledge said as he walked right past her.

It took a second for his words to register. But there was no hiding that mischievous smile when she realized what was going on.

"Master, you can't let him out! This solitary confinement cell is the only thing that protects us." Fury warned.

"I don't need your advice. It's settled. I'm using Heckyl."

All the monsters in the cells hid in fear at the name. Jodi couldn't hide her smile. She knew it would get more chaotic from here.

"What are you afraid of? He's not that dangerous."

"But- but I know of several destroyed galaxies that might beg to differ." Wrenched panicked.

"We've all destroyed galaxies." Sledge reminded.

"Not all of us."

"Open it, now!" Sledge demanded.

"But, sir-"

"Do it."

Wrench walked over to the cell and opened it up with the key. As the door slowly opened, he quickly ran back and hid behind Sledge.

Slowly, Heckyl walked out of the cell, still in his chains. "I haven't been out of that cell for centuries. And I've love what you've done with the place." He smiled.

"Get cute with me and I'll throw you back into that cell." Sledge threatened. "You look like a human, which makes you useful to me. So I'll make you a deal. Bring me the purple energem and I'll set you free."

"Set me free? Ha." Heckyl laughed. "Good idea."

And within seconds, Heckyl destroyed not only the chains around his wrist, but also the monsters that were holding onto them. "No!" Sledge yelled.

"Good going." Jodi scoffed.

"Shut up." Fury growled at her.

"Angry much?" She glared. "I'm gonna get out of here before he begs me to do the job for him.

"It would make things easier for us." Fury said.

"I don't want to do any more work. Figure it out yourselves. I'm just a spy."

~

There was too many happy people out and about. All she wanted was to eat her ice cream without someone smiling at nothing. It annoyed her. That was until she watched a random kid suddenly drop the bag of candy she had. Not all of it spilled, but just enough to cause her to cry.

Jodi silently laughed to herself. But the parents quickly arrived, and that's when her smile fell.

They wiped the tears off the child and picked her up, then promising to buy her some more. Just when she thought it was about to get fun.

"Jodi!"

She turned her head to see Tyler making his way over to her while carrying a random box. "Hey, Tyler." She greeted. "What's in the box?"

"Just a bit of groceries Kendall asked me to pick up. By the way, I'm planning a picnic later, maybe you can stop by."

"As much as I would love that, I can't. There's a bit of chaos at work and I need to go in to help out. I just hope it isn't a wreck. But I hope you guys will have fun."

"We'll try. It'll be a bit lonely without you." He said. "Can I-"

Just as he started his sentence, his phone suddenly rang. He put the box down and answered the call. "Hello? Yeah, I'm on my way. See ya."

He let out a sigh and frowned to himself. "Maybe next time." He mumbled.

"Is everything alright?" Jodi asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I'll tell you about it later. See ya." He grabbed the box and walked off.

Once he was gone, Heckyl began to laugh while sitting behind her. "Your acting is amazing. Maybe you should pursue a career in acting with those skills."

"So I see Sledge decided to go with your plan." She said.

"Yeah. I always get my way. Even though it took a few centuries."

"So how long have you been sitting there??" Jodi asked.

"From when he called out your name to when he left. I'm pretty sure he was about to ask you out." He said.

"I know. He just doesn't seem to be getting his chance. It's like the gods are hinting him. But it's gonna happen soon. And I'm not that excited about it."

"Just date him until he finally reveals his secret to you, and where the base is. That is if I don't get the energem by then."

"Well I'm praying you get it. I'm tired of wearing these turtle necks. It's killing me."

"Seems like it. You look uncomfortable." Heckyl said as he slid into the chair in front of her.

"Say, maybe you should change into something, I don't know, normal."

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" Heckyl asked.

"Nothing, if you're from another planet. You need to dress like you're from earth. The jacket and those goggles stand out. Not to mention that tattoo."

"They'll just have to deal with it. Any questions they have about me I can quickly make up." Heckyl then eyes the cup of ice cream sitting in front of her. "Can I try that?"

Jodi rolled her eyes and pushed the cup towards him. "Take it." She exhaled.

Heckyl happily took the cup and devoured the rest of the ice cream. It felt like she was babysitting. Which is probably what Sledge wanted her to do with him. Because there was no way Sledge trusted him.

Hope you enjoyed!
See you Tuesday :)