Chapter XXI - Confessions

The memory of both Levi's and Erwin's lips on yours continued to make your heart flutter every time you'd think about them.

After the wedding—and the events that happened before it. You had been left reflecting on both your actions and those of your—lovers? You didn't really know what to call them.

Part of you continued to feel guilty for embedding yourself into their lives like some leech. You still sometimes felt as if you didn't belong here. However you had been so distracted by the wedding and your feelings for the men that you had forgotten that only a few years ago, you were a young woman reading a manga in your bedroom.

Now you were tangled in a love triangle with the men of your dreams. Not only that, you had fucking titans to worry about.

You had planned on telling Erwin about your situation with Levi. It wouldn't be fair to lie to him—you two were married after all, even if it was unconventional.

The perfect time to reveal the truth to him was very soon—Erwin and you were into the beginning of a 3 day vacation out into the countryside. It wasn't very far from HQ actually. But far enough to have all the privacy you'd need.

That's where you were now, sat next to Erwin on the wooden cart as he guided the grey mare along the trail that lead to the cabin.

You literally had just gotten "married" that morning and now were on your way to stay in a cabin for three days.

Just the two of you.

In a cabin.

Alone.

Your cheeks reddened—would you have to share a bed? Not that you'd mind— perhaps it would be too soon. You knew that eventually you'd have to share a room at HQ. What kind of married couple doesn't sleep in the same room?

'My parents' you chucked lightly at the dark joke you'd made to yourself. You wondered how they were without you.

You didn't wonder for long however.

"What's so funny?" Erwin spoke as he glanced at you slightly. Most of his attention still on the road.

You cackled "I was thinking about my parents actually."

That seemed to catch Erwins attention as he looked at you in interest.

"Do you remember anything about them?" He asked curiously.

You sighed. "Not much really—only that they despised each other for the most part. Or at least that what it seemed like— always putting their hate for each other before their love for me."

Erwin sympathized with you.

"I'm sorry to hear that's your memory of them—my parents weren't too keen on each other either. I spent most of my childhood with my father after my mother left us"

You raised an eyebrow, remembering Erwins backstory. Nothing about his mother had ever been revealed—at least not that you knew of.

You pretended not to know that he was dead.

"How come he wasn't at the wedding?"

Now it was Erwins turn to let out a sigh. However he remained quiet.

Noticing his discomfort—you retaliated.