Chapter 6: Mosnters

A/N: There will be slight depictions of blood and burns, and also a description of a nightmare. Proceed with caution.

Xuan had girlfriends before. In fact, he really liked a lot of them.

A lot of them didn't like him back.

So many of them would come to him after only a week of dating and break up with him on the spot. Some were more sympathetic than others, but the general rule was that they dumped him in the middle of the school hallway and didn't try to even look at him after the fact.

The only girl he dated that didn't dump him went missing after a month.

So, he was cursed, basically. He hadn't dated a soul since junior year of high school, so scared of rejection again.

Which is why his crush on Yuuhime was horribly wrong.

He knew he had a crush on her. There was no denying it. But he knew that's all it would ever be.

His phone went off. He looked down at it; Raven had sent out an alert.

Near the city edge, miramon had been spotted. Xuan jumped up and ran off.

He had duties as a ops chief that he used as a mask for why he shouldn't love her.

***

Yuuhime had never really known what dating was like. She'd never gone on a date, after all, since she was but a child the first time she was controlled.

This caused her to wonder if she should really go asking Xuan to go on a date with her if she didn't know what she was doing.

All she knew is that she wanted to kick off something more with him. She couldn't deny it; he had a pretty face and was so kind and made her want to laugh!

"I love Tang Xuan!" She would silently announced to herself. She was ready for the next step.

...though, she was NOT ready for Li Guang to bombard her with questions about him, or "sunflower" as she'd established.

"What's his hair color?"

"Similar to yours."

"And he's in the union, right?"

"Mhm."

"Is he-"

"No."

"I didn't even say-"

"I said no."

Li Guang groaned and flopped over. Yuuhime rolled her eyes.

"You gotta tell me! It's eating me up!!" She said dramatically.

"I won't." The other said defiantly.

The red head pouted. Yuuhime shook her head and stole a bite of popcorn.

"Where'd you get this popcorn?" She examined a piece, "It's really good."

"Oh, got it from a movie theater," Li Guang popped a handful into her mouth, "They specialize in the stuff."

She grabbed the remote and turned on the news, "Wonder what's going on today?"

On the screen, a news lady stood in front of a devastated cityscape. Espers in the background were helping citizens get to safety and healing them. Even further back, miramon were being driven back.

"...Officials say the destruction may cost a pretty penny!" The news lady boasted.

"It looks real bad..." Yuuhime sighed. Li Guang nodded with her eyes stuck to the screen.