Richardson Mansion

Jacob Richardson, Hayley's father is a well-known businessman in California. He owns a construction company all around the world but its headquarters is located in LA. Jacobs is a hardworking man just because of him the Richardson Company gained a good name in the business world. Just like Jacobs his son Raven Richardson who is the current CEO of the company is nothing less than a hardworking young man with a determination to bring Richardson's company to a new height all over the world.

After a long 6-hour flight, Hayley finally touched down at the Los Angeles airport. Mr and Mrs Leo, her loyal helpers, assisted her in collecting her bags before they exited the airport. Waiting outside was a sleek black SUV, ready to chauffeur her. They loaded her bags into the back of the car and settled into the comfortable leather seats.

The drive back home took an excruciating hour due to heavy traffic. During this time, Hayley sat in the car in silence, lost in her thoughts about the past. Once, she had loved this place dearly, but circumstances had forced her to leave. Now, after three long years, it all felt so different. The truth was she didn't feel the same anymore because if it was three years ago she would be jumping for joy expressing her feeling of how happy she felt to be in LA, the breeze, the people everything around her would feel like the best thing around. But now it's just a void of emptiness in her nothing else.

Upon entering Richardson's mansion, she was immediately enveloped in a tight hug from her elder brother, Raven. He was a handsome man with an ideal work ethic and known for his playboy image among the girls, but when it came to his sister, he was a good friend, an excellent brother, and an overprotective guardian.

"What the fuck brother, I can't breathe," Hayley exclaimed with slight annoyance.

"Watch your language, little princess. I missed you so much," Raven said, breaking the hug."Sorry, I missed you too," she replied with a smile, although her eyes didn't quite match the happiness on her face."Mom and Dad are waiting for you. Let's go," Raven said, taking her hand and leading her to the living room.

Hayley excitedly ran to her dad, Mr. Jacobs, and hugged him tightly. "It's good to see you, Dad." "It's good to see you too, my little princess," Mr Jacobs said upon hearing him Hayley showed him a fake glare but he didn't care and his hug was still strong. "Oh, I mean, my little princess is a young woman now," he corrected with a smile.

"Did you guys forget me? I'm still here," Gracia, Hayley's mom, interjected."No, Mom, come here and give me a bear hug," Hayley said, embracing her mother. She had missed her mom's warm hug immensely."It's great to have you back, sweetheart," Gracia said.

"Alright, if you're done with the emotional reunions, I'm starving. Let's eat," Hayley declared to lighten up their moods, and they all laughed and headed to the dining table for dinner. Over dinner, they caught up on all the events that had unfolded during Hayley's absence.

Mr. Jacobs mentioned the upcoming finance minister's birthday party, scheduled for the day after tomorrow. Initially, Hayley declined the invitation, but for the sake of her family, she eventually agreed to attend the party.

After dinner, Hayley retreated to her room, a space filled with cherished memories. Nothing had changed in her room or her house everything remained as it was before she left for New York but she changed into something she was never before. She changed her clothes into more comfortable clothing and then settled into bed for a well-deserved night's rest.

The Next Morning:

Hayley woke up early and headed to the hospital where her grandmother was admitted for regular check-ups. Upon hearing her grandmother's private ward from the reception staff, she found her grams lying on the bed deep in thought, gazing out the window.

"Hey, Grams," Hayley greeted her with a small smile. Her grandmother turned toward her, her eyes lighting up with the brightest smile.

"Hayley, you're back. I've missed you so much, my dear," her grandmother exclaimed, arms open for a warm embrace with teary eyes.

"I missed you too, Grams, How are you grams? How are you feeling right now? Any pain or Anything Hayley bombarded her with questions, hugging her tightly.

"And I sensed you were lost in your thoughts. What's on your mind, Grams?" Hayley inquired again."Hayley, I'm fine my darling and I don't feel any pain anymore now that you're here with me. And I think it's time for me to meet your grandpa," her grandmother paused. "He must be waiting for me up there," she added, pointing to the sky. Despite her words, her smile remained.

"Grams, you still have time," Hayley said, her heart heavy with emotion. She loved her grandmother dearly and would always prioritize her over anything.

"I don't think so, dear," Grams replied with a serene smile. "In any case, I'll be discharged from the hospital tomorrow evening," Davina questioned her granddaughter with hopeful eyes."Don't worry about that, Grams. I'll take care of that and you completely," Hayley reassured her."I know," Davina said, studying Hayley's face. After a moment, she asked, "Can I ask you something, my dear?" Hayley was now thoroughly puzzled.

After some contemplation, Hayley nodded her head in agreement. "I want you to promise me that you will fulfil my last wish," Grams finally revealed.

"I promise," Hayley replied with a smile immediately without a second thought, though it was clear to her grandmother that this smile was tinged with sadness.

They chatted for hours, and later in the afternoon, Hayley returned home. Over lunch with her mom, she learned about the hospital's progress and further developments. She then buried herself in the new hospital documents and reached out to various doctors worldwide, inviting them to form connections with the hospital. Some of them agreed, and they arranged to sign contracts on a specified day.

In all these, Hayley knows somewhere in her heart that the promise that was given to her grams by her will bring a tornado into her life soon.