Meeting Killian Williams

Hayley's POV

I completed my part of the work with the hospital inauguration and invited some of the reputed doctors and some official friends in Manhattan.

I was busy with the virtual meeting with my colleagues and asked them to inform me if there were any emergency cases and appointments. so that I can transfer them to the hospital in LA ASAP.

After finishing my work I checked the wall clock and it was already around four. Hearing a door knock twice "Come in" I said.

"Mom" I smiled at her as usual, it's a fake smile I know but I can't change it "Done with your shopping," I asked her and she simply nodded her head."Mom doesn't tell me that you brought three bags of dresses for me," I said after noticing the huge bags in her hands."yeah sweetheart all these clothes and accessories are only for you," she said and before I could reply she started again "I know my daughter very well. She does not have much interest in these kinds of stuff so I brought these dresses for the upcoming occasions" she completed her words in a go.I have no words so I simply shook my head helplessly."Mom, Did you speak with Grams later in the afternoon," I asked. I want to know what's running in Grandma's mind since she asked for my promise."yes I did" she replied while arranging those dresses in my wardrobe."Did she tell you something about....?" I asked and immediately broke eye contact with Mom.

"No sweetheart we talked as usual" She paused and sat beside me in the bed and said "I know you are trying your best to make her happy and trying all the possibilities in her medical condition so that she can have more time with us"

"Mom it's her last stage and she only has 5 months in her hands" I got cut off by my mother's words"But sweetheart she is not afraid that she'll die....she will be happy to reach the heavens to meet her love there, Mom told me that herself" Mom said.

That's true Grams and Grandpa loved each other. I remember Dad saying that everyone used to say that they are made for each other in heaven and hell. They both go through so many obstacles in their life. They have a wonderful son and beautiful daughter-in-law and loveable grandchildren. Grandpa died in a plane crash while heading home after completing his business in London that time I was just a little girl around 5 years old.

I asked Grams so many times 'Did she miss her love' but every time her reply would be the same that they both loved and lived their life to the fullest and she'll be grateful for that until her last breath.

My chain of thoughts was broken when I heard my mom's voice "Sweetheart I and your father will be going to the party first. Be ready Raven will be there to pick you up in two hours"

"Okay Mom, don't worry I'll be on time," I said after closing all my work.Now it's time to get ready for the party. I went to the washroom for a relaxing shower and picked up the dress mom brought me earlier. It's an elegant green gown, I put on my basic make-up and wear my nude-coloured stilettos and I tie my hair in a wavy princess bride.

 It's an elegant green gown, I put on my basic make-up and wear my nude-coloured stilettos and I tie my hair in a wavy princess bride

Raven and I reached the party hall at the private entrance because I didn't want to walk through the media and paparazzi.

At the party Hall,

"Hello, Dad" I wished Dad was talking to a person around the same age as him. Maybe my dad's friend."Hello sweety come on I'll introduce you to my friend," Dad said and I stood beside his side."Mr.Williams meet my daughter Hayley Richardson" Dad introduced me to that person. We both gave a polite smile to each other and shook our hands."It's nice to meet you, Hayley After a long time," Mr Williams said smiling. I was confused did I know him earlier? "Last time I saw you, you were just a little baby and now you're a gorgeous young woman""Pleasure is all mine, Mr. Williams," I said with a genuine smile.

We talked together about the hospital work and other processes. Dad introduced me as a doctor and I can see the proud smile on my dad's face. I'm wholeheartedly grateful for that. After a few minutes, I heard my mom's voice and I turned in that direction.

Only to find a tall and handsome man by my mother's side. A man in a skinny white shirt and royal black suit. I saw my mom there and got excused from my father and his friend and walked in my mother's direction.

When my eyes met with that man's eyes. The feeling is so strange, igniting every cell in my body that I don't feel if it's possible after years. I meet the gaze of those beautiful grey eyes surrounded by thick lashes that now I envy. And man, those eyes are so dominant and can mesmerize every girl around him. His black shining hair was nearly gelled but two strands were caressing his forehead.

What happened to me? Why did I feel this feeling around this unknown person after so many years? I know I have gone through these feelings years ago for the only person and the person is no more. Then Why?!

"Hey sweetheart you look beautiful," Mom said and I smiled at her "Thanks Mom"

"Meet my best friend Mrs.Tressa Williams and her son Killian Williams," she said and pointed to both of them."Hello, It's a pleasure to meet you" I greeted them. When my gaze met again with that man Killian I immediately turned my head to Mrs. Williams's side."It's nice to meet you too dear." I give her a simple smile and a friendly hug.

"Hayley you look gorgeous," Mrs.William prised me maybe like always my looks speak more than me and I thanked her.

"By the Hayley, Can I ask you something?" she asked and I replied "Sure"

"Why are you staying away from your parents? Are you studying there?!" That was when my feeling expressed sadness in my eyes but I masked it within a second and replied to her question.

"No Mrs William I'm not a student. I'm a doctor I completed my higher degrees three years ago and started to work in Manhattan" I skipped the other half of the question that is why I am staying away.

"Wow, that's so great. So, Gracia's daughter is a doctor now" She said with excitement on her face.

I nodded my head and said "Yes". We continued our conversation for a few minutes. At this time I simply ignored the person next to me. And I'm sure that Killian and that man next to him are eyeing me like they found a treasure.