Coming back - Home

"Hello, sweetheart. How are you? I've been waiting for your call since this afternoon," Hayley's mom, Gracia Richardson, asked from the other end of the phone.

"I'm doing well, Mom. How about you and Dad?" Hayley inquired. It had been months since they had met in person, but she didn't regret moving away from her loved ones because somewhere in her heart she knew it was for good.

"We're doing well, sweetheart." Her mom paused for a few moments, and Hayley sensed something was amiss so she asked her mother, "Mom, what's wrong?"

"Hayley, your grandma's health has been deteriorating lately, and she wishes to see you in person," Gracia knew her daughter well, but this time she had to convince her to come home.

"Mom, you know why I'm staying away, right? Even Grandma is aware of it, I will speak with the doctors who are treating grams or I will arrange even the best doctors for her." Hayley spoke with determination, but her eyes betrayed a hint of sadness and pain.

"I understand, but you have to consider the situation," her mother said. After a brief pause, she continued, "You know how much she loves you, more than any of us, and now she really needs you."

"But, Mom..." Hayley started to speak but was interrupted by her mother. "Hayley, sweetheart, this time you have to come back for your grandma. Even your dad needs you here too."

"Dad?" Hayley was a bit confused. "Yes, sweetheart, the multi-speciality hospital project is ready, and the inauguration is scheduled for next week or so. You have to be there, and you know it," Gracia reminded her about the promise.

Hayley had promised her dad that she would be present for the inauguration to sign the official documents because it was her dream to start her own hospital. "Yes, Mom, I know."She understood the situation well. This time, she had to go back and face her fear. She had to do this for her family.

"Mom, don't worry. I'll come back, but I can't stay there for so long." Every mother knows their children well, and just like that Gracia understood her daughter very well.

Gracia smiled from the other end. "I know, sweetheart, and we'll be waiting for your arrival." Gracia was overjoyed that her daughter was returning home after three years."Hayley sweetheart, I'll inform your dad to take care of your travel arrangements. You don't need to worry about that." She could sense her mother's excitement through the phone."Sure, Mom." She paused for a moment before saying, "I'll see you guys soon."

"Good night, sweetheart," her mom replied. "Goodnight, Mom," Hayley hung up the call and informed Mr. and Mrs. Leo about her travel plans to return to Los Angeles so they could make the necessary preparations.

Hayley also informed her associates and colleagues about her sudden trip to LA so that they could manage things in her absence.That night, Hayley spent hours thinking about going back after three years and reminiscing about old memories. She whispered to herself to stay strong and face the reality for the sake of her family. Her dad sent her a message expressing his happiness about her return and provided the details of her flight arrangements since she would be travelling in her family's jet.