Wish Granted?

The hands holding her grandmothers started to tremble She instantly pulled it back. I can't marry someone not now or never. I never wanted to get married."Grams I-I can't do t-that" I stuttered "I..." she cut me off "Hayley I know you" "Then why are you asking me to do that," I shouted at her angrily, I could feel the wetness in my eyes.

"Hayley we can't change our past but that doesn't mean we can hold our present life because of that" Davina tells her granddaughter. She knows if she didn't do it now. It will never happen. Her granddaughter will destroy her life in fear of living.

"I want to see you have a family and live happily," Davina says"I'm happy grams I'm happy with the things I have" She takes a deep breath "And I don't want to get married" - Hayley is determined to never change a thing in her life. It was, has and will be the same that is Hayley against everything whether it is life or death.

"Well... you're not happy Hayley you are just lying to yourself that you are happy" Davina knows everything about her granddaughter her past, her feelings, and how she'll react.

"It's not like that grams" she got cut off "Hayley you are afraid of things which happened in the past and you don't want it to repeat but it's not like that child" Davina paused trying to make herself comfortable and breathe properly.

"I Still have faith that this marriage will give rebirth to the Hayley I liked the most". "The girl who always has a smile wholeheartedly in her eyes and does the thing she loves," Grams said.

Hayley's unable to speak anything so she just adverted her gaze and listened to her grandmothers. What her grandmother said is true it's been so many years since she smiled and lived her life wholeheartedly. She has been trying to cage herself so that she can stay far away from the people she loves.

"Grams I can't marry someone and I can't love someone after what I have been through I can't take another loss. your Hayley is not that strong enough and you have to understand that" Hayley says to her grandmother hoping somewhere that her grams will understand her inner pain.

"You can Hayley when you let someone into your heart" Grams stands with her pertinacious."But Grams" Davina interrupted her conversation and said "Hayley you promised me that you'll fulfill my last wish and I'm sure that this marriage will give rebirth to your happiness"

"I want to see you in your wedding dress walking down the aisle holding your man's hand before I leave this world," Davina said and a single tear rolled down her cheeks.

Hayley had never witnessed her grandma's tears before not even at her grandpa's funeral "I-I need some time grams... alone... I-I'll see you later" she tried to finish her words. Without even gazing at her grams she left the ward.

Hayley's mother Gracia heard everything as she was outside the ward. When she saw Hayley coming out of the room she didn't say anything, she knew her daughter needed time to make herself understand. And what her Mother-in-law told her was also true, it's time if it doesn't happen now then it'll never happen.

She entered the ward after Hayley left. "Mom Hayley," she says pointing towards the door "Do you think that she'll?" Davina tries to smile at her but fails "I know She'll..." that's all she said."Gracia, can you help me with something?" Davina asked and she knows what she's going to do now."Yes, Mom, What can I do for you?" Gracia asked. She trusts her mother-in-law so now whatever she's trying to do is only for Hayley's best."I need to speak with Killian Williams," Davina said.