𐌃ꝊᏔ𐌍 𐌕Ꝋ 𐌁𐌵𐌔𐌉𐌍𐌄𐌔𐌔

┍━☽【❖】☾━┑

┕━☽【❖】☾━┙

┕━☽【❖】☾━┙

The next morning you were summoned into your uncles study. You walked into the quiet room, taking a seat in the chair opposite of your uncle. He handed you a folder.

You opened the orange tinted folder, reading the contents to yourself then handing it back to your uncle.

He looked at you, seriousness written all over his face. "There have been a series of stolen goods and attacked carriages full of things to be sold," He explained.

"And how exactly do I aid in this case?" You inquired cautiously.

The question got your uncle visibly nervous, he hesitated before replying, "your parents have agreed to have you and your fiancé ride the next carriage of goods back to your manor without any extra guards. With the condition that there would be a tracking spell put on you both, cast by the palace's finest mages."

Your eyes widen in shock, your nails digging into the chair arms. You got up and bowed your head politely. "I'll take my leave now. Thank you for making me aware of the situation" You whispered.

You walked out of the office and back to your room, not stopping for anything. The only thing you wanted was to lay in your lover's arms and cry.

You hugged Ijekiel tightly, shaking. You shivered, feeling his hand caress your head. "what happened, my love..?" he asked in a whisper, holding you protectively by the waist.

You explained to him the situation between quietly shaky sobs, feeling his grip tightly on your waist causing you to look up at him through glassy eyes.

He looked down at you with crazed eyes before his expression changed to that of worry. He spoke softly, attempting to comfort you, "its alright darling, i swear nothing will happen to you.."

You smiled subtly, whispering to him, "change clothes please.." to which he summoned a maid to get you a change of clothes.

You took the clothes, thanking the maid and went to the bathroom. Parting with your love for a moment's time. You floated gracefully to the bathroom, changing into a more comfortable gown and walking back to your lover's side.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Ijekiel aided you into the masterfully designed carriage, sitting down next to you.

He held a tight grip on your thigh, looking out the window.

You scooted closer to his side, leaning your head on his shoulder, attempting to nap as a means to ease your overwhelming anxiety.

The young Duke gently rubbed his thumb along your thigh, whispering sweet nothings into your ear.

You held your churning stomach as you felt the carriage begin to depart.

As you leaned into Ijekiel's chest, you felt your mind ease ever so slightly.

╔══《✧》══╗

╚══《✧》══╝

╚══《✧》══╝

Happy 2024!!