23

We finally get back to the house, I had Kora's hand in mine the whole ride back

We finally get back to the house, I had Kora's hand in mine the whole ride back. I was so shaken up from the events that just took place, I can't believe that happened to me. I never thought that would happen, ever.

As I calmed down I thought about how Soren killed that man, just like he killed Henry. He wasn't lying when he told me if anyone touches me they're dead.

That scares me.

I didn't want a bloodbath happening because of me, I didn't want people to lose their life because of Soren's obsession with me, I appreciate him protecting me but I didn't want people dead. Maybe they deserved it, but that's not my place to say .

"We're here, you guys stay here okay? I'm gonna make a quick run to the store. The Guard's should be inside." Leon says, we both nod and get out the car.

"Hey." I turn as Leon calls me, or should I say Kora. Well that's new, she turns to him and walks to him. Did I miss something?

"Call me if anything happens, okay ?" He tells her, I understand why he didn't want to bring us with him, I wasn't in the right mindset to be anywhere but here right now.

"I will." She says in her soft voice, he looks at her a little longer before looking away. He then drives off and I look at her for a moment. She meets my eyes and I see her cheeks immediately grow red.

"What are you staring at?" She says and I could her hear her nervous tone, I smirk and shrug my shoulders. There's definitely something going on between them, but I'll let her realize it just the way I did with Soren.

We walk inside and I walk to the right entering the living room, Kora follows me in and we sit on the couch. I felt a little antsy waiting for Soren, I still wanted to ask him what he had talked about with Helena and why she was getting a little too close.

It angered me a little, I was jealous. I hated that feeling because it was something I never felt before, only person I had feelings for was Christian. I never had to worry about any other girls.

"Where are the guards ?" Kora asks, I look around as I noticed it was a little quiet. They probably went on break or something, Soren is gonna flip when he finds out we've been left here alone.

"I think they might've left, it's okay. Leon should be back soon." I say with uncertainty, I wasn't actually sure if he was going to be back soon. I can only hope.

"yeah , but are you okay ? What happened back there ?" kora asks me, anxiety fills me just thinking about it.

"This man tried to bring me in some room to..I don't know. I'm assuming to rape me." Shivers are sent down my spine just saying that , it scares me to think what could've happened if Soren wasn't there to save me.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you Kalani, I should've went with you to look for Soren." I could see the guilt in her eyes , I gently smile at her compassion. She shouldn't feel bad , it wasn't her fault .