chapter fifteen: Old and New Friends

"Are you serious?" Ryan said.

Raysa nodded happily. Alex slumped back in his seat and muttered, "It's no big deal..."

"Oh... it is," Kayla said sharing the same surprised expression her boyfriend had. "You are participating in a talent show... I can't believe that..."

They were all sitting at their usual table at lunch. Hana sipped her drink, "I don't think it's that surprising," she shrugged.

"Are you kidding? Before Raysa came, the Alex we know never told a soul about his talent with the guitar and his voice," Kayla said.

Raysa sat back, pleased with herself about the fact that she got Alex to agree. She glanced at Alex who sat beside her. He caught her gaze and a slow handsome smile appeared. Raysa blushed but couldn't look away. His blue eyes seemed to hold hers prisoner. Her heart was racing again and she remembered the kisses they shared the day before.

"O..m..g..." Kayla purred. "What happened between you two?" she asked wiggling her brows.

"Nothing," Raysa said quickly, and she looked away.

"Ohoh, that's definitely not nothing," Ryan teased, then he looked at Alex, "You did something, didn't you?"

Alex just smiled like he had a secret to hide, "Maybe," he said with a shrug.

Raysa elbowed him and he laughed. He was amused by the way his girlfriend was acting all embarrassed by what happened.

Ryan, Kayla and Hana looked at them curiously. "Something definitely happened," Hana whispered to Kayla who nodded in agreement.

Since Raysa and Alex wouldn't confess anything, the three gave up and Hana sat back on her seat and asked, "So, what song will you play?"

Raysa was relieved to have the topic changed, "I haven't really thought of anything yet," she said, then turned to her boyfriend, "How 'bout you?"

Alex shook his head.

When it was time to go to class, Alex stopped then leaned down in Raysa's ear and took her hand, "Why can't I announce that you're mine?" he whispered huskily. Raysa had the usual reactions, heart racing, cheeks blushing, and his touch sent butterflies in her stomach.

"Because..." Raysa couldn't think of an excuse.

"Hmm?"

When Raysa fully looked at him, she was given a surprise kiss.

She yelped in surprise, and the expression on her adorable face made Alex chuckle. He walked away, leaving her standing there frozen with a red face.

Alex stopped and glanced at her, he gestured his hand to make her come to him. And Raysa sighed but obeyed. She ran to catch up with him and then walked by his side, unaware that a lot of people were watching them and saw the whole thing.

During classes, Alex pretended to sleep while he was actually teasing Raysa. Raysa couldn't stop herself from blushing, and the teacher asked her a couple of times if she was alright because her face was all red.

"Stop it!" she hissed. Alex was making her remember the way she kissed him back.

"Why should I?" he whispered teasingly.

Raysa kicked his foot. "You're gonna get me into trouble!" she whispered.

All she got was a chuckle from him.

She kicked him again. Alex chuckled again and buried his face in his arms, "Fine, you'll probably kick me harder if I don't stop," he sighed, "I'm goin' to sleep."