Chapter 13

Julie's POV

Mitch: WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

Luke and I broke apart like our lives depended on it. The Captain put down the groceries and walked towards us with a mad face.

This could not get any worse.

Just then, we heard what sounds like a hundred footsteps coming down the stairs.

Flynn: What's going on?

Alex: We heard screaming.

Correction, it can get worse.

Luke and I just looked at each other with the most embarrassed faces we could make. Luke was about to speak until his dad cut him off.

Mitch: Luke, explain yourself, or else I'll grab your guitar and burn it.

Luke: Okay, fine. *sighs*

OMG, he's going to tell him. We are so dead.

Luke: I was outside getting some firewood until I saw Julie crying. She was starting to get homesick, and she asked me to give some advice. That's it.

Mitch: But why were you so close to each other?

Luke: I was trying to wipe mascara off her face. She just wanted a pep talk. That's all, Dad.

Did he just lie to his dad?

I look towards Luke with wide eyes. There is no way his dad will believe that.

Mitch: Your Highness, is this true?

Julie: Y-yes, Captain.

Mitch: Well, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I can't believe he bought it!

Mitch: I'll put the groceries away, and we can journey to Devontae on foot. While I was in the market, I couldn't find a carriage we could use, so we have to use the horses for now. Let's just get some sleep for now.

The Captain began walking to the kitchen while our friends walked towards us.

Reggie: What was that all about?

L and J: Nothing!

Flynn: Oh, please. I can smell a lie from a mile away. The last time someone lied was when Julie stole my Christmas cookies at the Christmas party 2 years ago.

Julie: When are you ever going to let that go?

Flynn: Till the day I die.

Luke: Me and Jules were just talking. That's it.

Flynn: Hey, I get to call her Jules.

Alex: I think we are forgetting the topic at hand. Julie, what really happened?

Julie: We just talked, that's it.

Alex: Fine, but this won't be forgotten.

Alex, Reggie, and Flynn left the room and went upstairs to their rooms. Luke just let out a sigh of relief and sat down on the couch while I was pacing around the room.

Luke: That went well.

Julie: Are you sure about that cause I'm freaking out over here.

Luke: Hey, look, it's going to be fine.

Julie: How do you know?

Luke: I lie to my dad all the time. It's fine. And besides, no one is ever going to know.

I let out a sigh and sat next to Luke on the couch. I put my hands in my face, wondering how I'm going to tell Flynn. She was obviously going to make me talk anyway. Then Luke said something that shocked me.