Chapter 31

Julie's POV

(Moments before Luke got hurt)

After being taken away, Luke words echoed inside my head repeatedly. Words I wished would come true again.

"I'll find you."
"I'll find you."
"I'll find you."

I can't help but wonder what would happen if he didn't find me. Knowing Caleb, he'll probably make sure that no one can find me. But knowing Luke, he'll find me. I know he would.

Time slowed down for me, and I rethink of the memories I had made: me leaving home, this journey, my friends, Luke. I often wonder what it'll be like if this mission had never happened, if Luke and I weren't a thing.

Every time I think that, I feel like everything I do was take things for granted. Maybe it would've been better if Luke hadn't met me.

(Julie)

How can something shake up every dream I hope for?
Wakin' up to everything around me turned cold (Mm-hmm-mm)
Don't wanna go back to second-guessin' my world
But all I've left behind has got me feeling' so torn (Mm-hmm-mm)

Am I taking it for granted?
Everything that I've been granted
I keep lying awake with these dreams in the dead of the night
'Cause somethin' don't feel right
Will I take it all for granted?
And be leavin' empty-handed?
Oh, I feel shaken. Everything's changing within me

It feels so dramatic how erratic I think
Chasin' everything but lеave the ones that chasе me (Ah-ah-ah)
There is so much moving forward just to take a step back
When all I ever wanted, I already had (Mm-hmm-mm)

Am I taking it for granted?
Everything that I've been granted
I keep lying awake with these dreams in the dead of the night
'Cause somethin' don't feel right
I won't take it all for granted
And be leavin' empty-handed
Oh, I feel shaken. Everything's changing within me

Let my heart lead me home
'Cause I can't do this anymore
Tryin' to be somebody else
If I never left, I'd never know
Just how far I didn't have to go
To finally feel like myself

Am I taking it for granted?
Everything that I've been granted
I keep lying awake with these dreams in the dead of the night
'Cause somethin' don't feel right
I won't take it all for granted
And be leavin' empty-handed
Oh, I feel shaken. Everything's changing within me

Am I taking it for granted?

I didn't even realized that I was at the back of a carriage. Looking around, I noticed that the seats was a velvet purple with gold lining. This guy must really like the color purple.

I was looking at the window when I heard gunshots from the distance. I scooted over to the right side of the carriage to see what was going on. Suddenly, I noticed someone running towards the carriage with a sword in hand.

I thought it might be Luke and was feeling hopeful until it was revealed to be Caleb clutching his stomach. While he was running, I noticed that Onyx was behind him with a wicked grin on his face.

Somethings wrong.

Before I knew it, Caleb opened the door and saw me. He grinned evilly and sat down on the seat, closing the door besides him. He knocked on the window behind him, letting the coach men know that they can leave.

Caleb: I finally have you after all these years.

Julie: What do you even want from me anyway? Is it really just to get to my father?

Caleb: All in good time, Darling. Wow, you look exactly like your mother. You are very beautiful.

Julie: I don't need your compliments.

Caleb: Feisty, just like Rose.

Julie: I may not know what you want from me, but I do know that your not going to get away from this.

Caleb: What makes you say that? You think your little boy toy is going to save you? Well, newsflash sweetheart, he's not coming.

I felt a pain in my chest all of a sudden.

Julie: What did you do to him?

Caleb: Aww, she cares about her boyfriend.

Julie: WHAT DID YOU DO?

Caleb: Watch it, young lady. I deserve respect. And for your information, I didn't do anything.

Julie: I don't care because everything is your fault, you pig!

He slapped me across the face and I didn't turned my head to him.

Caleb: You are pushing it. Just because your boy toy is dead, doesn't mean you can go yelling at me.

Julie: What did you say?

Caleb: Oh I forgot to mentioned. Remember Onyx? Well, let's just say your knight in shining armor isn't going to come for you. You probably heard the gun shot.

Julie: *whispers cries* You're lying.

Caleb's hand reached to my face, and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at those icy blue eyes. I wanted to look away but he had a firm grip.

Caleb: I never lie, Juliana. And I'm coming for your father next.

He let go of my chin, and I just sat there trying not to cry in front of the enemy. But it's hard not to because Luke is dead. I don't want to believe that, I never want to believe that. But the way Caleb said it, he could be dead.

Caleb: Don't worry, once we get to the palace, I'll make sure someone takes care of your needs. Afterall, you are a princess.

I just ignored him on the way to his kingdom. And all I want to do, is to be in Luke's arms again. But he's not here to save me from this torment.

Please be alive, Luke.

_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter. Sorry it's so short, this chapter was hard to write but I managed through. Still hope you like it.

Make sure to comment and vote.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee 😁