Chapter XI. - Achoo

Lucia was sitting in the dining room with her friends. The brunette had been thinking about her meeting with Clarissa all morning. The more she thought about the pink haired witch's words, the more confused she became.

...the social network you currently have at your disposal is quite enviable...

It's true that Lucia knew a lot of important witches, but she never thought of them as connections. Simply through her parents, she has also met a lot of other people with whom she maintains a good relationship with..

...It's like you have a pack and you're the alpha who needs to be protected at all costs...

Lucia looked at her friends, who were chatting happily with each other. So would this be her "pack"? The pack that protects its alpha. Clarissa was not mistaken in that her friends and family members had always protected the brunette girl, even if they themselves had been injured in the process. But Lucia as an alpha? An alpha is the strongest member of the pack, the leader whom the others look up to and follow. In contrast, Lucia was the weakest and had no leadership skills whatsoever. How could she be the alpha?

The brunette shook her head and looked at Celeste, who was eating alone a few tables away.

...you completely turned my big sis upside down, and my father shamed himself in front of everyone...

The fact that previously Celeste liked to tease Lucia and that after the potions accident, the pink-haired witch left the brunette girl alone. But how would she have turned her upside down? That is a strong exaggeration. She just wants to avoid being kicked out of Hexside. And Alphonse Polleo only apologized to her mother.

...stay away from my family. You've done us enough damage.

Would she really have harmed the Polleo family? Lucia didn't really know the noble families and their customs, but would it really matter so much that the head of the Polleo family bowed to Amity Noceda? Maybe it really wouldn't hurt to stay away from Celeste and her family, because Lucia was seriously afraid that sooner or later one of the Polleos would send her to the hospital again.

...The magical power of your friends at that time could have brought a maximum of one house to life. And since I don't think any of your parents joined you during the Moonlight Conjuring, you could only be the cause of it by exclusion...

This was what Lucia wondered about the most. Did she really manage to bring that much house to life back then? It's impossible... She would have to have magical powers to do that, but she didn't have any. But maybe...

Lucia's hands clenched into fists.

No! She will not hope again! She had tried all known methods of magic and none of them showed her any ability. There's no way she has magic! Clarissa must have lied! She just wanted to confuse her and...

"Hey, are you okay?" Axel put his hand on Lucia's shoulder. "You seem quite upset."

"I'm fine." Lucia answered mechanically, then got up from the table. "I have to go to potions class.

Axel was on his feet immediately.

"No, stay!" Lucia said immediately. "I'd like to be alone for a bit."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Axel asked.

"Of course!" snapped the brunette girl immediately, then looked at the pile of food in front of Axel. It was unbelievable to Lucia that all this could fit into Axel. "You're not done eating yet anyway. So stay."

Axel reluctantly nodded.

"We'll meet soon!" Lucia said goodbye to her friends and headed towards the potions classroom.