TEN*

I quietly walked down the hallway. It was lunchtime so everything was shut down.

"Noa!" I heard. It was Steve. I went right to my office, shutting the door and getting ready to close it, but it swung open.

"Get the fuck out of my office."

"Go sit down."

"Get the fuck out of my office!"

"God Damnit Noa go sit down!"

I sighed, going to sit at my desk. He sat down in front of me.

"You're a fucking dick. You could've at least answered my texts. I feel like a fucking fool. And Bucky and Natasha already know? This was between us Steve."

"Who called you that night?"

"What?...Colton did."

"Why?"

"What? Are you fucking jealous or something? He called me because my son is not even allowed to talk to me! That is why!"

He sat back. "Oh."

"Steve I am not talking to anyone else. No one else even talks to me. You're basically one of the only friends I have right now and I fucked it up by thinking it was okay to have sex. But you not even answering my texts because you thought I was talking to someone else is wild!"

"Look I'm sorry! But I also gave some issues getting back into a relationship. My wife cheated on me just like that so I guess I just didn't wanna hurt myself all over again!"

I realized that I was taking things really selfishly. I felt awful now.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"No. I'm sorry too. I ruined a good night thinking that you were cheating even though we aren't anything near dating."

I took a deep breath. I stood up, going in front of him at the desk.

He stood up, getting close to me.

"I don't think this is a good idea." I whispered. I was staring up at him.

"There's a closet that no one ever goes by. I want you to meet me there."

"No. I'm not having sex with you here." I said as I moved out of his grasp to close the door and shut the blinds.

"What are you doing then?" He asked.

"Letting you kiss me." I whispered.

He gave me a little smile, pulling me in. I hummed as he kissed me. He was so warm and inviting.

After a couple seconds, he pulled away.

"I'm sorry. Can I buy you coffee or something?"

"No. I was taking it out of proportion too. But that just seems to prove to me that we are not ready for a relationship. Either of us."

He nodded. "Uhh. So, that call with Colton. Do you get to see Ashton?" He asked as he leaned against the desk.

"Next weekend. Why you wanna meet him too?"

"No. I'm not overstepping on that. I'm happy for you."

"I'm also going back to court."

"Oh.."

"But enough about this." I whispered as I moved to kiss him. He smiled and pulled away.

"Tell me more." He whispered.

"No. This time isn't about Ashton."

"Tell me." He whispered. He moved my hair

"I don't know I kinda flipped and just explained that I want a court date for not even being able to talk to my five year old parent. I would take time off to spend with him, I would be good as a parent. All of that."