FIFTEEN

"Okay. We're only gonna be there for a few hours. You just sit in my office and play games and everything. Okay?"

"I'm so excited mommy."

"I bet you are. Let's go."

Friday. I couldn't really find a babysitter when I didn't know anyone here except for my coworkers.

Ashton and I went off. I did my usual routine of going on the subway. I really didn't want Ashton there for that but it was fine.

Then we got to work. I brought him up to my office. Steve was in the corridor, going over some papers with Bucky.

"Hi Prince Charming."

"Morning astronaut." Steve said. He gave me a weird look. I gave him a fake smile.

I wasn't gonna come in today. But I felt so bad about Steve taking my shifts.

I got Ashton settled with toys and blankets and his iPad and some crayons.

He was a very polite boy. He knew not to do stupid stuff. I also set out some snacks and juice.

"Okay. And if you need anything, you go tell Ms. Wanda at the front desk. But I'll come in and check on you every hour. Good?"

"Yeah. Love you." He said. "This is awesome."

"Love you too." I said.

Steve came in, smiling at Ashton and I.

"Got a little helper today?"

"What's your favorite color Prince Charming?" He asked.

"Blue."

"Okay."

I smiled. "I'm trusting you.."

"I know. I'll nap if I'm tired, sleep if I'm hungry, and color or read or watch tv if I'm bored. I got this."

"Hes so damn smart." Steve said under his breath. I smiled.

"Okay. See you in a bit." I said. My door opened again. In walked Natasha and Bucky.

"Heard we had a friend."

"Yeah. Ash this is Natasha and Bucky. They're some of mine and Steve's friends."

"Hello!" He said. Natasha could probably melt on the floor with the expression on her face.

"Oh my goodness you look just like your mama." She said. He giggled.

"Noa I don't have much going on today if you want me to stay with him."

"Really? Oh my god. Thank you so much. I promise I'll come and check and I'm gonna spend my whole lunch break with him but I just don't have a sitter and I haven't thought of hiring a nanny so...yeah. Thank you."

"Of course. Bucky, I want one." She said.

"Yikes. Have fun." He said.

"Ashton are you okay if Natasha stays with you?"

"Yeah! We can watch bluey on the tv together."

"Perfect. Okay I will see you later. Be good."

"Bye mom. By Prince Charming."

"Bye." Steve and I said. We both walked out.

"He's so cute."

"I think you have baby- child fever."

"Yeah I do." He said and smiled. "You're a great mom."

"We've been official for like a week. No."

"Oh god I'm not saying that. I'm honestly just saying that you're a good mom and it's nice to see that. You care a lot about your kid."

"Thanks. I feel like I'm such a shit mom sometimes."

"You're far from it."

"You know Ashton would like if you stayed with us for lunch."

"Ashton or Noa?"

"Yes." I said and smiled.

"Oh I'll be there."

———

Steve sat with me while Ashton showed us his drawings, which were scribbles and stick people.

Steve had his arm behind me on the couch. It was a long day. But now we were at mine.

I set my head on Steve's shoulder while we watched my son. I curled up to him more. He rubbed my shoulder.

"And this one is you and me and Prince Charming." He said as he handed me his drawing. I smiled as he crawled up onto Steve's lap.

"This is so awesome. Can I put it on the fridge?" I asked. He nodded. I smiled and got up.

"You okay with being up here?" Steve asked him.

"Yeah. I like you. You make mommy happy so I'm happy around you."

I smiled to myself as I heard that. I loved my son so much.

"Your mom makes me happy too. You know I've always dreamed of having a son like you."

"Marry mommy and then you can be a step...daddy. Miss Sarah's gonna be what she calls my step mom. And she said that she was gonna adopt me so that mommy couldn't see me. What's adopt?"

I stopped what I was doing. "Ashton. Are daddy and Sarah engaged?"

"Well now what does that mean?"

"Gonna get married."

"Yeah. I'm bringing the rings down."

"Holy shit." I whispered.

Steve glanced over at me. I gave him a little fake smile.

"News to me. But I'm excited for them." I lied. Fuck them. They will not take my son.

Steve sighed as I came back and sat down. I needed a drink. Bad.

I moved to kiss Ashton's head. "Adopting is where Sarah would sign papers to make her your real mom. Which won't happen. I am your mother and I will not let that be changed."

He nodded. "I love you mom."

"I love you too. Now let's watch a movie."

———

Steve kissed me a couple times. He was about to leave.

"You sure you're good with me leaving? I can stay."

"Yeah. I'm okay. Unless you wanna stay."

"I'm torn. I don't have any clothes with me but I wanna stay."

"Go home. Sleep in your own bed. I'll be okay." I said. He nodded.

"Do you need to talk about earlier?"

"No."

"You lying? You seem off." He said. He moved my hair behind my ear. I smiled.

"I'm okay. Thank you so much for all your help. I'll figure all of this out."

He nodded, kissing me again. I smiled, holding him close. This kiss was meaningful. Extremely sexy.

I sighed, reluctantly pulling away. "I want you to fuck me so bad."

"Do not say that. Cause I want to do very sinful things to you right now, and we can't."

"We could."

"Ashton walked in on us kissing earlier."

"Just stay."

"You sure?"

"It's Saturday tomorrow, we'll be free to sleep in a bit. I need you."

"Fine." He said and smirked.