THIRTY-EIGHT

"So you picked a wedding dress yet?" Natasha asked.

"No. I haven't even looked."

"What? Why?"

"I don't know. I mean you are my maid of honor. You wanna come with me?"

"I thought you would never ask." She said.

"Oh god you could've brought it up sooner."

"I wanna give you time. Weddings are stressful."

"Well this wedding is very intimate so it's not that bad. But I never got to pick a wedding dress so I have to admit, I'm a little excited."

"You? Excited?"

"Yes. Shush."

"Noa Lingsley does not show excitement often. Must be exciting becoming a Rogers."

"Stop." I said and smiled.

"What about Rogers?" Steve asked as he came up behind us. I smiled as we walked into my office.

"Nothing."

"Don't lie to me Lingsley."

"I am going dress shopping soon."

"Really? Only took you a couple months to finally agree."

"Steven!"

"It better not be tonight though. We're looking at that penthouse."

I had told Steve I would move in with him, but he didn't like that idea. He had lived there with Peggy and wanted a fresh start. So we were looking for a new penthouse.

"I liked that last one we looked at." I said.

"Yeah I heard it had a little sex room." Nat said. My face went red.

"That was weird. I gotta admit that's really weird."

"Well they didn't show that in the pictures. This one is really nice."

I sighed. "Let's take Bucky and Nat with. And then dinner?"

"Sure." Steve said. "They'll be staying at our house all the time anyways."

"Well if we get an opinion I want the sex room."

"Shut it."

———

Steve and I walked through the penthouse. It was huge. Two floors. Five bedrooms. It had amazing views. Didn't feel too modern like most places.

"I really like this one." I said.

"See I knew you would. It's cozy. Yet way too big."

I nodded. "So speaking of buying places, what do our bank accounts look like? I mean if you wanna keep yours separate I understand and I will do the same but.."

"We can have the same bank account. We make the same anyways."

"You make more than me. I'll steal all your money Steve-"

"Very funny," he said. I smiled.

Bucky and Nat came into the master bedroom that we were in. "Sex room is better." Nat said.

"No." Steve said.

"Sex room? What?" Bucky asked.

"The last place we looked at had a sex room. But I think this one is us." Steve said.

"Should we tell the realtor that this is it?"

"Yeah." Steve said. "We've got room for Ashton and a guest room and another few in case.."

"Yep." I said.

"Babies." Nat said. I gave her a look.

"Yeah." I said sarcastically.

"Anyways."

"Oooo you two should have a house warming party when you move in."

"Maybe." I said.

"Ooo I can get you drunk again." Steve said. I smirked, hitting his chest.

"Well, let's settle it. I can move quick. You can't."

"Why is that?"

"Cause she's only been moved in for like a year. In case you forgot Rogers, you're rushing things." Bucky said. Steve chuckled.

"Yeah. Someone else is complying though."

"Shut up." I said and laughed.

———

Steve sat with me in his house. We had signed. And now, I was helping him pack.

He had a keep pile. Which wasn't much. He was getting rid of a lot of things. Mostly things that were Peggy's.

"Are you gonna give these back?"

"Nope. I'll donate them."

"Okay."

He set a sweatshirt in there, taking a deep breath. "I honestly cannot wait to start over. With you."

"Don't be such a romantic." I said and smiled.

"I'm serious. The new house is us. I get to marry you. I get to come home and not have to decide if we should stay here or at yours. We have room for Ashton and more kids.."

"You really gotta sneak in that more kids part huh?"

"Yup."

I did want a kid with him. But I also wanted at least half a year to just be married.

"So speaking of kids. I just have a little proposal."

"Yeah."

"I wanna wait six months. I never really got the feeling of just being married. I was married because of a kid. Not that I wasn't obsessed with Ashton, but..you understand right?"

"Yes. Oh my gosh. We won't try until you are ready and bored of me." He joked.

"You are so sassy." I said. I jumped over, getting on top of him. He laughed and laid back.

"I love you." He said. "And I cannot wait to grow old with you. I cannot wait to experience this bullshit fun experience called marriage."

"I love you too. And I'm really happy I met you."