TWENTY

Ashton ran to the door as he heard the knock. He opened it for Steve.

"Prince Charming!" He said. Steve picked him up.

"Hey little man!" Steve said as he hugged him tight. He shut the door before walking into the living room where I was sitting. He pecked my lips before pulling Ashton away to look at him.

"You had to have gotten bigger." Steve said. Ashton giggled. His little blush was prominent. I smiled, curling up with my blanket more as I watched them. It was nine am, and I definitely wasn't awake yet.

"You wanna watch cartoons with me?" Ashton asked Steve.

"Yeah I do."

I smiled, resting back a bit as Ashton sat on Steve's lap. Steve moved his arm behind me on the couch. This was so nice.

Steve

I knew Noa was dead asleep next to me. She was so quiet that I couldn't hear her breathing.

I glanced down at her. She had curled up on the couch, her head using my thigh as a pillow. Ashton glanced down too.

"Goodness. Mommy stayed up because daddy was late here last night. I slept in the car though. Daddy didn't try, Sarah was having a hard time cause she's pregnant and her belly is big."

"Ahh. Well I suppose we just let her sleep then."

She took a deep breath. "What? I'm up.. I'm good." She said. Ashton giggled.

I swear every single mom woke up with that breath like someone died.

I rubbed her back softly. She stayed with her head on my thigh. Ashton moved down to kiss her moms head.

"You sleep mommy. But daddy didn't try."

"I'm not mad at your dad babe." She said softly.

"Mommy also stayed up doing paperwork. Yuck."

Court work was what he meant. She was working on getting settled with Colton.

"Yuck is right." She whispered. I smiled. Ashton laid down in front of her. She pulled him in, resting her head on my lap more.

I pet her hair. She looked exhausted. But then again, I was over last night after work. And we weren't being very good people before she went to get Ashton. And I knew she was probably sore. And I didn't give her aftercare.

So I guess now did the trick.

I watched her body start to relax again. I moved her soft hair behind her ear, checking on her. She was asleep again.

Ashton quietly watched tv. His head rested on my thigh as well.

I wanted a family so fucking bad. This was so bittersweet.

To be called dad would be my favorite thing. I had waited for it for so long. A little kid running into my arms like Ashton does, except I would be that kids father.

Not saying Colton isn't a good dad, because I know he is. And I know Ashton's not my kid. But this just sucks seeing it. Knowing that Noa isn't my wife and all that makes me sad.

I sat back a bit on her big couch. My feet were up already. This was so nice to just relax. Noa and I were constantly running with work. But being able to sit and relax was so important.

I closed my eyes, feeling myself drift off.

———

I woke up to Noa shifting on my lap. I groaned, seeing her carefully laying Ashton on me.

"Sorry." She whispered. "I have to pee."

I smiled. "You're fine."

She rested a sleeping Ashton on my chest. I pulled his blanket over him more, closing my eyes again. A few minutes later and I felt Noa pressed against me again. I wrapped my arm that wasn't on Ashton around her.

"You would be the best dad in the world." Noa whispered.

I smiled, opening my eyes and kissing her head. "That's better than I love you."

"Really?"

"Mhm."

"Good."

I moved to kiss her head again. She moved her head to look at me. I pecked her lips.

"Love you." She whispered.

"I love you too."

Ashton shifted on top of me, opening his eyes to look at his mom. He smiled big.

"Mommy we still have to go birthday partying."

"Ohhh. Yeah." She said. "This is nice though."

"Mm Mm. Ash and I are gonna find you some awesome things."

"Oh is that so?"

"Yeah!" Ashton said. I nodded with him. Noa smiled.

"Suppose we should get ready then. Let's get some food too."

"Deal."

———

Ashton held Noa's hand as we walked through Macys. She was looking at toys for him. I had jewelry and some clothes in the cart for her.

"This one!" Ashton said.

"Sounds good." She said.

"I'll pay for it."

"No." She said and smiled.

"Why?"

"Cause if Colton heard about it he's gonna be pissed. I'll buy it. We have the same income."

"Fine."

"Prince Charming what did we find mommy?" Ashton asked. I picked him up.

"How's this looking bud?"

"Good. Mommy you're getting good things."

"Thanks bud. I think I'm good now. Not that I needed any of this before."

"Noa." I said and laughed.

"Sorry. Love you very much."

"Yeah. That's what I thought home-slice." I said. She smiled.

"You two love each other?" Ashton asked with a smiling face.

"Uhh..yeah. Yeah I love Steve." She said to her son.

"Can I love Steve too?"

"Sure. Do you love Sarah?"

"Kinda I think. But Steve actually listens to me. He cares about me just like you mommy. So I do love Steve."

"Okay." She said and smiled at me.

"I love you too bud."

He giggled, blushing and looking down. I smiled, walking with Noa and him.

Seriously. I couldn't handle the cuteness. I needed one of my own.