SEVENTEEN

Colton was here. I got out of bed and went to go answer the door. He looked upset.

"Can I please just take him home?"

"No. Go sleep in the guest room."

"Why do you look so upset?"

"A few days ago you told me to pack our kid up and leave. You haven't been nice to me. Ever since you let Sarah move in you s been such an asshole. Even after we got divorced I tried so hard with you. And every time I try, you push me into a deeper and deeper hole. That's why I'm upset. Now I'm going to bed. So make yourself at home."

"Can we please talk?" He asked pleadingly.

"No. Every single time I've wanted to talk you wouldn't let me. So now, leave me alone."

"Noa. I'm sorry."

I glanced at him. He looked upset. "I love Sarah, but you're right. She has been putting a lot into my head. I just...I want you to know I'm here for you. I- I don't know. Ashton being away made me realize how much joy he brings into my life."

"Trust me, I know the feeling. You've taken him away from me! I hope you fucking realize how much it sucks when he's not around. Imagine how I have felt to provide for you and him constantly, just to have him taken from you because the court thinks I'm not a fit parent for fucking gender roles being switched! If it was me staying at home and you working it would've been just fine! Fuck you Colton! From the bottom of my heart I hope you feel all of that anger and sadness and I hope you sit and sink in that shit."

He gave me a sad look. Steve came out of the bedroom, glancing at Colton.

"Oh you've gotta be kidding." Colton said.

"It's fine Steve."

"It's not if you're yelling like that."

"He's right Noa. I get you're angry, but if Ashton is in the other room-"

"-don't give me that bull shit you were gonna wake him up anyways." I said. I took a deep breath, calming my emotions.

"Mama?" I heard. "Oh! Prince Charming." He said. He ran over and asked for Steve to pick him up. Colton watched it, before glancing at me.

"Can we please talk?" He asked.

"What the fuck is there to talk about?"

"I just...I wanna get back to being good co parents."

Steve handed Ashton over. I took a deep breath, kissing my sons head. "Hey. You're gonna go home with dad tomorrow."

"Okay." He sighed. He set his head on my shoulder. I rubbed his back.

"Dad and I have a few things to talk about. Can Prince Charming take you to bed?"

"Mhm."

"Can I have a hug first?" Colton asked. Ashton moved to his dads arms.

"Daddy. It's Friday. You said Sunday. You got the dates wrong."

"Mhm. Sorry." Colton lied.

Steve took Ashton. "Night night." He said. They walked to his room.

I glanced at Colton. He sighed, moving to hug me. I didn't hug him back.

"Noa.."

"Don't do this. What kind of money do you want, what do you need? Just spit it out."

"I need you to forgive me." He whispered. There were tears in his eyes. "Because Sarah is pregnant. So I am going to be willing to go to court and switch our custody."