TWENTY-SIX

Steve

I watched as Noa put up some decorations in the house. She made it look more elegant than it already was.

She had a nice full black outfit on. Her heels clicked as she put a few things up.

I just watched her. She had a glass of champagne next to her.

"Stop staring Rogers." I heard from her. I smiled.

"You look really pretty."

She smiled, sipping on her champagne. She came over to grab some more.

"You pregaming?"

"Yup." She said.

"So would you rather do this or go clubbing again."

"We shall see. I am excited to meet your friends."

"Did you invite anyone?" I asked. I told her to.

"No. I don't have friends here. Or at home really. Well I had mom friends but ever since the divorce I mean Sarah is a mutual friend with them so now.. no I didn't."

I sighed. "You okay?"

"Yes."

"You'll make friends. I promise. Everyone that's coming is either from work or college."

"Nurses, surgeons, and frat bros. Sounds great."

"I was not in a frat."

"Your alpha kappa zeta beta bullshit pictures in your office upstairs say otherwise." She said, smiling.

"Say that again."

"No."

"That was really cute."

"Just admit you were in a frat."

"Okay yeah. But it was only other guys going to be doctors."

"Girls can be doctors too. You're dating one actually."

"They had a sorority for that." I said and smiled.

"Oh perfect."

"If only we had gone to the same college. Then I could've had you a long time ago."

"I wouldn't have dated you."

"Why?"

"I would've been intimidated by you."

"Why not a college baseball player?"

"Oh please. I knew he was stupid enough. I wasn't intimidated. Honestly to start it out I was just desperate and I knew he had abs."

"Oh! And look at that you married him."

"Well I did fall in love."

I smiled. "We should've invited him."

"Ha! No."

"You know it's nice when you get to know him." I said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes.

"Is it? I wouldn't know." She said and smiled. "But enough about my ex husband. I'm focused on you tonight."

"Oh?" I said as I pulled her in. She smiled, kissing me.

I heard a knock on the door. She pulled away.

"Oh shit. I got lipgloss on you." She whispered. She wiped it off. I smiled.

"It tastes like vanilla."

"Quit." She said and blushed. She went to the door, opening it. I sat back against the counter, trying not to think about the blood rushing to my dick.