THIRTY-TWO*

I walked into Steve's office. We both took a double shift. And to my surprise, his head was down on his desk, fast asleep.

I came over, rubbing his back. He jolted awake.

"Mmm fuck. What?" He asked.

"Hey sleepy. Come on. Shifts over."

He nodded, getting up. He took off his coat. I was already ready to go home. He put his street coat on.

"Shit. I'm so sorry."

"You're okay. Relax." I said. We walked out together before taking the elevator downstairs. It was four am. We were headed back to his place.

I linked my arm in his. He smiled softly as we walked out and got outside.

"You okay?" I asked. He nodded and yawned again.

"I'm just ready for bed."

"Let's get you home then."

We got back to Steves house. He immediately got into his room to change and go to bed. I decided to start his shower, getting the grossness off from the day.

Once I was done showering I changed before quietly getting into bed. He was out cold. I kissed his head before laying back.

He was so peaceful at night. I loved watching the way his body looked so calm after long days. He was such a golden retriever. Kind and outgoing yet so gentle.

I closed my eyes as I thought about him, immediately falling asleep.

———

I woke up to Steve rubbing my back. I pulled the covers up more, feeling cold.

"Let me sleep." I whispered.

"It's noon. I wanted to check if you were good."

"Mhm. Goodnight."

He sighed. I opened my eyes to look at him. He was already dressed, even for our day off. I sat up, stretching. I got up and went to go brush my teeth and hair before walking out with my chapstick in hand. I gave him a little smile as he laid back on the bed. I came over, laying with him.

I set my head on his chest. He played with my hair. I closed my eyes again, feeling exhausted still.

Steve kissed my head before laying back more. "You make it so hard to stay awake."

I smiled, pulling the blankets up. "Why are you fighting off sleep? We've got nothing to do today."

"I was gonna be productive." He said as he held me. I giggled.

"Too bad I guess."

"Noa." He whined. I smiled.

"Whaaat?" I whined back.

"I know what could wake you up." He said. He laid me back, kissing me softly.

I smiled and pulled away. "Just say you wanna have sex."

"I wanna have sex."

"Okay." I said. I pulled him into another kiss, holding him close. This was the one time he wasn't so puppy around me.

And I loved it.

His kisses moved down my neck. I moaned as his hand went down to my pants.

I took a deep breath, holding him as he moved to start fingering me. I never really knew what to do in these situations besides just let him work.

"You're always nervous when I do this." He said.

"I don't know...mmm...what to do." I whispered.

"Loosen up."