The Real Investigation Begins! Pt.2

After you had calmed down, thanks to Hiro, the both of you entered back into the room and begun investigating once more. But before you started your search, you decided to talk to Makoto...

"Hey, Makoto... How's the investigation going"?

"O-Oh, Y/n! You're back. Is...everything okay"?

"Yeah, everything's fine. Don't worry. And sorry if I kinda scared you earlier, haha... I just wasn't in the right mind set at the time...".

Makoto let out a sigh of relief. "I'm glad to hear that everything's okay, Y/n. If there's anything that you need help with, don't hesitate to ask me".

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, Makoto. Now, back to important matters, what does the Monokuma File say"?

"Umm it says, "Due to the explosion, the victim's identity is unknown. They were, however, dead before the blast. The victim had been stabbed a single time with a knife, which went completely through the body. They had also been struck in the head with an object about as thick as a metal pipe. The body was covered with other wounds, but these were at least several days old". So even the Monokuma File doesn't tell us who the victim actually was... Who...could the victim be"?

"Hmmm...". "The victim was dead before the blast even happened...and they were struck by an object as thick as a metal pipe. Not only that, but the body was also covered in other wounds that were at least several days old... How did I not notice those before? Probably because I was too focused on the identity of the victim instead of the state of the body... But what has me confused the most are these several day old wounds. Are these the same wounds that were caused by the object as this as a metal pipe? And if so, the only one who comes to mind is...". "I guess we have to investigate more in order to figure out who the victim is. I can say for sure that it isn't the masked assailant... When I had fought them, there was no sign of them being fatigued or injured by the wounds they have on their body. And I didn't cause those wounds either since I didn't have a thick metal object with me".

"Yeah, you're right on that one. Hmmm...let's see if there's anything we missed at the scene of the crime. I'm sure there'll be more clues in the garden".

"Alright then. Lead the way".

You and Makoto both left the room and headed back towards the garden to find anymore clues. On the way back, you had remembered something that happened in the data center that still left you with curiosity...

"Wait a sec, Makoto. There's something I wanna ask you", you said.

"Oh? What is it"?

"What exactly happened when I was asleep...? You guys seemed scared for your life when Monokuma had appeared in the data center. Well, more than usual...".

"O-Oh, that... I think it would be best if I told you what happened from the very beginning... Besides of what happened with Monokuma, there's...something that happened last night too...".

"...Okay, I'm listening".

"Um, it all started last night, after we had met up with Kyoko. When we had returned to our rooms, in the middle of the night, I believe I was...also targeted".

"Targeted...? The hell are you talking about..."?

"I...was also attacked last night... And to make matters worse, I think it was by the same person who had attacked you...".

"...N-No way... There's no fucking way! And you didn't bother to tell anyone!? Don't tell me... The mask that the body was wearing...was it the same one that you saw"!?

"Yeah...".

"Makoto, what the hell were you thinking!?", you yelled as you grabbed him by the collar. "Do you have any idea how dangerous that person is!? You should've told someone..."!