A Second Chance Pt.2

Still a little nervous, you guys had entered the gym. And as expected, Monokuma was in there...

"Hey hey hey hey hey HEY! Kyoko and Y/n I don't mind so much... But Makoto's supposed to dead! What is HE doing here!? Did Kyoko and Y/n help you"!?

"And if we did?", you and Kyoko said in unison.

"If the guilty party is exposed during the class trial, they alone will be executed. It's unfortunate, but that *is* the rule... So now I gotta punish you again! And this time I won't leave anything to chance"!

"K-Kyoko...! Y/n..."!

"Do whatever you feel you have to", Kyoko said.

"What"!?

"But before you do, let me just say one thing. If you execute Makoto, that means you lose. Not that it matters to you, right"?

"Huh?", Monokuma said. "I...lose? You! Explain yourself! What do you mean by that"!?

"Well you set up this latest class trial yourself, right? I was getting in your way, so you wanted an excuse to kill me. I was supposed to be chosen as the blackened and then executed, right"?

"H-Hey, what are you talking about"?

"But when Makoto and Y/n chose to overlook my lie, your plan came crashing down. The results of the trial weren't at all what you were expecting. Because you never imagined that in that position, two people would protect another like that. And in response to that unexpected development...you reacted by proclaiming *Makoto* the blackened and trying to execute *him*. Unfortunately for you, you also never expected Y/n to jump in and save Makoto from his death. You even said it yourself that she was "starting to be a pain in your neck". And that "both of them can rot away in the garbage pit". You made your choice out of desperation. No, more than that... You must have realized that the two of them, who refused to be manipulated, were a threat to you, as well".

"...".

"But then there was *another* unexpected development waiting for you. An entity that would throw a wrench, so to speak, in your precious execution machinery".

"Alter Ego...", Makoto said.

"You never imagined the possibility of a being that could come to our aid even after you'd "killed" it. Now, here's the absolute truth. Makoto didn't kill Mukuro. You did".

"...".

"So executing Makoto for it would surely be a violation of your rules, which I know you love so much. If the blackened is exposed, they alone will be executed. That's what you told us, right"?

"Hmph. And that means I lose? You talk a big game. You're saying the blackened is me and not Makoto? And you can prove this, right?", Monokuma said.

"No, I can't".

"What is this, a comedy routine? To make such bold claims without a shred of evidence...".

"I don't have any right now, but with a little more time, I guarantee I'll find some. Because no matter how deeply you try to bury it, there is only ever one absolute truth".

"And now you're trying to talk like some kind of famous detective type"?

"It's because she is", you said. "And if Makoto really was the killer, he wouldn't have the balls to come to you willingly like this. He would've feared for his life, go run and hide in a corner somewhere, willowing away in despair. But yet, here we are, confronting you with nothing but hope in our hearts".

"And that's supposed to be enough to convince me in the absence of evidence"?

"It's not you I'm trying to convince", Kyoko said. "If you were to execute Makoto now, everyone out there watching this would be extremely displeased".