chapter 23

JARDEN POV

   Seeing Kiara cry wasn't something I planned to watch or even take a glance at.

  Her tears soaked my clothes but I couldn't care less. I wanted her to hate me, hate my gut but I still couldn't let her go to bed crying because of me.

  At the same, I brought her to my bed, and she cried for a long time before she finally slept off. I couldn't help but feel guilty, guilty because I made her day worse. I made her cry, cry until her eyes were red and puffy.

  I stare at her as she sleeps peacefully on my chest, she looks so cute and innocent. It was best I stop talking to her, and stop touching her before I got addicted to her. I am only going to hurt her more and more.

  Greg was the perfect match for her, he liked her and I knew he wouldn't hurt her.

She stirred slowly my chest, I quickly closed my eyes, I did not want her to know I was awake cause she would freak out.

  She raised her head from my chest, I could tell that she was now staring at me.

  " Oh my God" I heard her murmur.

  " Jarden" she called.

  " Jarden" she taps me. I faked yawn and then stretched before looking at her.

  " What am I doing here? And where are my clothes?" She asked looking at me sternly.

  " Oh... I didn't want you to sleep on that tight dress".

  " So you changed me?" She asked almost exclaiming. Why is she acting as if I haven't seen her body before?

  " I didn't touch you Kiara,, I only changed you that's all. And besides the dress was looking so uncomfortable on you" I said trying to reason with her.

  " As if you care" she arrogantly said, as she stood up from the bed.

  " just stay away from me, I have a boyfriend now," she says while picking her clothes from the couch. I scoffed.

  " Read my lips, okay, I have a boyfriend so leave me alone man-whore" she spat out before walking out of my room.

  A boyfriend? Greg is her boyfriend now? How did that happen? And how did I allow that to happen?

__

  We were all eating silently at the dining table. My dad and Karly didn't look as happy as they always were. I wonder what happened to them. Or maybe Dad has done something terrible just as I expected.

  " So.... Our wedding has been postponed" dad's said.

  " Uh, why?" Kiara asked chewing softly on her food.

  " He is going on a business trip for 3 months" Karly says.

  "Buh that doesn't mean you should postpone the wedding" I concluded looking at Dad... Karly nodded. I know it was Dad who was against the fact that they should do the wedding before the business trip.

  " It is really important Jarden?" He says.

  " Important than your wedding or wife?" I asked. Dad sighs.

  " No, not that, it's just that I can't miss it or else, my company is going to collapse" this is what he says.

  When we all have family dinners and all that with my mom. The old fool is only going to meet his mistress.

  "Yeah important" I scoffed.

  " Jarden" Jake called.

  " What?".