Nerves

ONE - NERVES

I've started this a year before ww1 ended meaning jack and rose are more likely to take in evacuees since it's less chaotic

Jack is 25 and Rose is 22

~~~~~~~~~~~

May 1917

"Jack what are we going to do if they hate us? Or what happens if the traumas too much for them and they act up so much to the point we can't control them? What happens if they hate it here?" Rose said, panic in her voice.

"Rose darling take a breath... it's not gonna be easy but I think we'll be alright. All we have to do is take care of them and give them a safe place. OK? They might not like us Rose but we can't do anything about it." Jack said as he held her hand, Rose nodded anxiously.

"I'm going to finish getting their rooms ready... do you think we have everything they'll need?" Rose said clearly still worried. "We'll see, if we don't then we can go to the store with them and they can choose." Rose nodded and walked upstairs, Jack following behind her. "Jack, can you check if the other bedrooms tidy and if the bed is made please? I put new bedding on it this morning for them." Jack nodded and went to check. "Everything's fine in there Rose, now stop worrying it'll be fine, you're overthinking it all Rose." He said and gave her a kiss. "Thank you, Jack." "You're welcome, it'll all be alright." "I hope they arrive soon. This wait is killing me." "I need a vodka... or ten." She laughed a little. "Same, but probably not the best way to start their first day." He laughed a little in response.

"Shall we wait for them downstairs in the living room for them to arrive?" He asked. "Okay" she nodded and grabbed his hand. Sitting in the sofa, she cuddled into his side nervously playing with his fingers. "Jack, I'm so nervous." "Well the good news is, you'd never of known." He joked. "Shut up!" Rose laughed and threw a cushion at him. "How old do you think they are? How many do you think there is? Do you think they're boys or girls?" She was about to ask more questions before they heard a knock at the door.

"Well, I guess we're about to find out..." he said taking her hand and kissing her temple. "Remember, it's going to be fine." They both looked at each other, took a deep breath and headed to the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think of the first chapter. I'll be uploading two parts everyday so it doesn't take too long to finish. Please review so I know if you like it and let me know if there's anything I can do better.