Home School

CHAPTER 14 - HOMESCHOOL

2 days later

The 5 of them sat at the table eating their tea. "So... home school begins tomorrow kids" "ughhhhh" Harry groaned "who will teach us?" Poppy frowned, confused "Rose will. I'm going back to work tomorrow" Jack smiled softly "do you have to go back?" Harry looked up at him "I'm afraid so pal" Jack said, leaning over to ruffle his hair. "What will we learn about?" Grace asked "well, I'll probably start with the twins doing basic story writing and maybe a little maths. With you I was thinking maths and English... is that OK?" Rose asked, Grace just shrugged "I guess" "I know home school doesn't sound like fun, but it'll be alright" Rose smiled gently "OK..." Grace said, an unsure look on her face.

After tea, Rose and Jack bathed the twins and got them ready for bed. Grace made them up a quick story before going to her room. Jack and Rose knew something wasn't quite right and noticed how it had come about since they spoke about schooling, but they didn't want to press her. "Night night" Rose smiled and kissed the twins heads, before moving out of the way so Jack could get to them. He sat on Poppy's bed and looked between them both "I'll have left for work tomorrow before you wake up. So I'll see you when I'm home. Be good for Rose, OK?" They both nodded and he thanked them and hugged Poppy first "do you really have to go to work? Can you not stay here with us" "no darling, I'm sorry. Someone needs to go and make the pennies unfortunately" he kissed her head "but I'll be home by 3pm" "we don't know what that means" Harry shrugged "well maybe Rose will teach you the time..." he smiled gently before moving over to Harry and hugging him "see you tomorrow buddy" Harry nodded "OK..." Harry and Poppy laid down and fell asleep almost as soon as their heads hit the pillow.