Introductions

TWO - INTRODUCTIONS

"Hello, my names Rose" Rose smiled at the three children i from of them. "Hi... I'm Jack" The children looked up at them, the younger two looking scared and the oldest showing no emotion.

"Come on in." Jack moved to the side. "I shall not stay. The children will introduce themselves. I'll be back to collect them when it's safe for them to return home." "Oh... okay" Rose said shocked by the women's lack of manners, watching her walk alway.

"Come on through" Jack smiled as he led the children to the living room, Rose following behind them. "You can sit down if you'd like." The three children sat on the sofa, the young girl sat on the older girls knees and the boy sat right beside them. "So, what's everyone's names?" Rose smiled. "I'm Grace" she said, still with no emotion. "This is harry and this is poppy" she said pointing to the other two. "How old are you all?" Jack smiled gently. " I'm thirteen and they're six... they're twins." Rose nodded and smiled at poppy, who was staring at her intently. "I see you both have teddies with you, do they have names?" Rose asked, gesturing to the teddies the twins were holding. "Pancake!" Harry said as he held up his teddy bear. "That's a nice name." Jack smiled. "What about your rabbit poppy?" "Flopsy!" She said quietly. "Lovely name" Rose smiled at the three of them.

"Would any of you like a drink?" "Can I have some water please?" Poppy asked. "Me too!" Harry added. "Of course you can" she smiled at them both. "Grace what about you darling?" "Yea... water please." She shrugged and Rose nodded. "Would any of you like a biscuit too?" Rose said as she went to walk into the kitchen. "Yes please!" Harry smiled. Rose laughed and went to grab three drinks and got some biscuits. "I don't want one thanks." Grace said yet to show any emotion and split the biscuit in half and gave Harry and poppy a half each.

"So where are you all from?" Jack asked "New York." Grace said coldly. "Would you like to talk about something else, Grace?" Rose asked gently. "Yes" Grace replied. "Grace?" Poppy looked up at Grace. "Yes?" Grace smiled gently at her sister. "Can we go and play in the garden?" "Erm-" "we have quite a big garden, you're more than welcome to go and play in it, Rose and I can come with you if you'd like?" Jack asked. "No thanks..." Grace said,  lifting poppy off her knee and putting the twins coats on. "Don't go out the gate please" Jack said, Grace half listening, taking poppy and Harry's hands and walking out.

Once they heard the back door shut and were sure the children were outside, Rose sighed "well she seems like she's a delight" she said "she's probably just overwhelmed... I'm sure she'll come round" jack nodded "well at least one of us is sure... seems the twins feel safe with her though" Rose said, to which Jack nodded.

~~~~~~~

Around half an hour later, Rose went outside. "Children, what would you like for dinner?" "You can't even be bothered to say our individual names?" Grace said with an attitude "this'll be fun" she said rolling her eyes. "Oh sorry..." Rose replied "What your favourite food Grace?" "Im not bothered, the twins like grilled cheese." "Perfect" Rose smiled and went back inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Around 15 minutes later, Rose went back into the garden. "Dinners ready" she smiled to the three of them who were sat on the grass

Grace stood up taking the twins hands and walked into the kitchen, helping Harry onto his chair first. As jack went to help Poppy onto hers, Grace snapped "I'll do that!" "I don't mind..." Jack said kindly "No, I'll do it!" She repeated "Okay" he sighed quietly. After helping the twins onto their chairs, she sat down. "Would you like some help cutting your food, Harry?" Rose asked, as he was the one sitting closest to her, he nodded "yes please" as Rose smiled and leant over to take his plate, Grace moved it away from her and cut it up herself ."I'll do yours in a second poppy" Grace said to which Rose sighed, all her and Jack wanted to do was help Grace and the twins. Jack took the plate from poppy, not asking Grace this time. He began to cut it up and Grace noticed "I said I'll do it! You don't know how she likes it cut!" Jack sighed "I was just trying to help, Grace." "Well don't. I know how to look after them." She snapped "we wasn't saying you didn't know how to look after them sweetheart" Rose said to Grace. "Don't call me that again" Grace glared at her and Jack and Rose looked at each other knowing they have to do something about Grace and her attitude if this was gonna work out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think about the children and what I could do to improve or what you like about it. xx